Sitemap doesn't look right - Post ID...

User 2107507 Photo

12 posts

Hi,
I made a sitemap for my website www.shelbywebworks.com using sitemapper. It has caused me nothing but a headache. First of all, everytime I go back in to sitemapper, it has changed the order of my pages. It keeps putting the contacts page at the top for some reason. Then I saved the sitemap as sitemap.html. On my website I put a link to sitemap.html and when I preview it on VSD it looks great but then when I upload it and look at it on my website it, it doesn't look the same as the preview. The theme I chose is gone and it is just plain words on the page. Also, if I try to customize a theme it doesn't change the colors or anything. I have watched tutorials and looked at the sitemapper help guide but it is all pretty vague. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled sitemapper but that didn't help either. Then I cleared my cache (I think).
Susan

User 184085 Photo

Ambassador
1,707 posts

have you tried changing the linked css file from sitemap.css to SWWsitemap.css?

might be intriguing to see what happens :)

Volunteering to help :)
http://www.tbaygeek.ca
My HTML play area
http://www.tbaygeek.ca/test/
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya susan,

sounds to me like you came across the same bug I did today that I was going to be testing more on tomorrow. I don't think the program is reading the correct things for the themes in the preview of the themes themselves, and it didnt' upload the images for me at all, I had to do it by hand and then it worked. Try going into your themes directory for the Sitemapper and see if you can upload them manually and that should fix that issue. You should find those in the documents folder in your CoffeeCup folder in there. let us know if you need more help on this. I'll try to remember to check this out more tomorrow too and make sure it's just not a glitch with me.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.