Not mapping the entire site - Page 2...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Klaus Gebhardt wrote:
Hi Scott,

My site is http://www.amachi-texas.org

Sitemapper is only scanning about 1/3 of the pages. I tried unchecking "respect robots.txt and meta robots tag" and remapped, and that did not change anything.

Thanks, Klaus

Is each page linked in using an a href tag? Anything in Flash, DHTML or JavaScript will be ignored. For missing pages, you need to locate the page that it is referenced on and make sure that it is linked in properlly.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 172277 Photo

22 posts

Ouch Scott...yes, I am using an dhtml/javascript menu. Wonder why it reads just some of the pages, and the same ones each time I scan? If you take a look at the site, you'll see I am using a great menu system from Likno called AllWebMenus Pro. Is there a workaround?

Honestly, I liked the "old" Sitemapper much better. It did read all pages on my sites and I felt it was a lot more flexible in enabling me to add, delete and modify.
User 172277 Photo

22 posts

Scott,

Do I have another option here? The Allwebmenu software menu allows me to create a sitemap. Can I somehow interface that sitemap with the Sitemapper software in order to submit to the search engines?
User 172277 Photo

22 posts

Hi again Scott,

One other thought. I could set up a footer li menu linking to all pages on the site. Then, I think Sitemapper would read all the pages that are included in that menu, would that be right?

Also, relating to my previous question, I can create an ROR site map. Could that be somehow used in Sitemapper to submit the sites to Google and the others that Sitemapper does?

Thanks again, Klaus
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Klaus Gebhardt wrote:
Ouch Scott...yes, I am using an dhtml/javascript menu. Wonder why it reads just some of the pages, and the same ones each time I scan? If you take a look at the site, you'll see I am using a great menu system from Likno called AllWebMenus Pro. Is there a workaround?

Honestly, I liked the "old" Sitemapper much better. It did read all pages on my sites and I felt it was a lot more flexible in enabling me to add, delete and modify.

The old version did not follow proper sitemap rules, this version does. Something to think about; If we can't scan it, then most likely search engines will not be able to either. The work around is to create a textual based secondary navigation system.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Klaus Gebhardt wrote:
Hi again Scott,

One other thought. I could set up a footer li menu linking to all pages on the site. Then, I think Sitemapper would read all the pages that are included in that menu, would that be right?

Also, relating to my previous question, I can create an ROR site map. Could that be somehow used in Sitemapper to submit the sites to Google and the others that Sitemapper does?

Thanks again, Klaus

Yes to the first part, and possibly on the second. Just depends on how that page is created. ;)
User 172277 Photo

22 posts

Great, Scott. I'll set up the secondary navigation.

Thanks also for the explanation about the "old" Sitemapper.

As always - you and your team ROCKS!
User 414884 Photo

15 posts

I used CoffeeCup Menu Builder - which is Flash - and so now Coffee Cup sitemapper won't read it? I have over 40 pages on my site, and it's reading the first and last pages only. I don't have room on my site to add another menu to the bottom.

www.finditinashburn.com
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

We have an article here at http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … -followed/ which explains why this is happening.
User 414884 Photo

15 posts

May I ask why Coffee Cup Menu Builder is based on flash then?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.