Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Dee wrote:
Scott,

In another thread I saw the reference to a program called "Pro". Is this an upcoming version of Shopping Cart Creator? If it is, could you let us know what some of features will be compared to the exiting version?

I would like to see SCC having the ability to upload csv files directly to my shop's database. I am currently using the drop shipper DOBA to handle my products. Right now I have to load my products one at a time, and with a store as big as mine, that takes forever.

Another feature that I need on my store is a search function for my customers.

BTW, I have a page on my store named "Tributes" which is where I show my Ambassador Card and a graphic link to my hosting provider, bluedomino.com

Darlene

In the next month or so we will start discussing more on the 'pro' version. I can tell you though it will contain some amazing new things and anyone who loves the basic version, will totally flip for the 'pro' version.

I can say though now that there will be no database integration at least for sometime. We are really trying to keep the software as easy to use as possible and are very concerned that incorporating that functionality will start to take away from the easy of use. Maybe version 2/3 of the 'pro' version will have something like that, but not for the initial release.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1875922 Photo

48 posts

How could the Pro version not have a database Scott? How do you propose managing a store with any sizable stock? I know that adding multiple options etc to items would be good, but surely the major item would be a database that would handle stock and so allow bulk updates from exported csv files etc would work. Am I hanging out for the pro version only to be disappointed, surely not :d

I guess I will find out more when the list is posted and we can start talking about more of what we know.
--
Jeff Wilson

61 409801950 jeff@bizzdesign.com.au
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Zoldar wrote:
How could the Pro version not have a database Scott? How do you propose managing a store with any sizable stock? I know that adding multiple options etc to items would be good, but surely the major item would be a database that would handle stock and so allow bulk updates from exported csv files etc would work. Am I hanging out for the pro version only to be disappointed, surely not :d

I guess I will find out more when the list is posted and we can start talking about more of what we know.

When I refer to a database, I mean connecting to something like MySQL, or SQL etc. You can still have an internal database to manage that information without having to remotely connect to one.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1875922 Photo

48 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:

When I refer to a database, I mean connecting to something like MySQL, or SQL etc. You can still have an internal database to manage that information without having to remotely connect to one.

Thanks for clearing that up, have been used to MySQL, but internal should give me all the features I would need to start with providing I can import from CSV or similar.

Cheers
Jeff
--
Jeff Wilson

61 409801950 jeff@bizzdesign.com.au
User 40612 Photo

19 posts

I would like to see a field for an item number. Also subcategories. Of course a search feature. And the ability to handle thousands of items. I too would like to be able to cap shipping costs. All that on your list?

Mark
User 389264 Photo

337 posts

I would like to see a field for an item number. Also subcategories. Of course a search feature. And the ability to handle thousands of items. I too would like to be able to cap shipping costs. All that on your list?

Mark

I've posted these on my cart wish list. These features are really needed for my cart as well.
User 1921974 Photo

20 posts

Just for clarification. Is there going to be csv upload for adding products, updating etc in the pro version?

I saw that there would be no mysql or similar database however it seems that in a pro version this would be a must since the name itsself implies that a user be a pro and able to handle use of databases.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Yes, there will be an ability to import data into the software for the 'pro' version but there will be no MySQL/SQL database support.
User 3004957 Photo

846 posts

Thank you! What kind of database is being used now to store products? Is it true that there is a max product limit of 500.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

The limit sounds about right for the current/basic version. The PRO edition that should be out in the near future will be expanding on that limit (but not sure how much).
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.