Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

That might be something that one could accomplish with a little editing of CSS?.? I know that there's an ability to distinguish a limited printing of items on page and the general format...
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Phil,

That would likely require editing the HTML and that would be lost on your next save.
User 1702932 Photo

5 posts

A few things that I think are an absolute must for this software:
First, there needs to be support for selling digital items (such as downloads, mp3's, ebooks, etc...) through secure links or by secure email delivery after the user pays.
Second, there needs to be support for payed subscriptions, for example a customer pays a subscription fee and gains access to a webpage that only payed subscribers have access to by being give a username and password after payment. I know that this one is hard to program but I think it's extremely important. Also, is it possible so that support for Moneybookers is includes since paypal is not available in many countries around the world for accepting payments, moneybookers on the other hand is available in almost all countries around the world. Thanks :D
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Fuad Murad wrote:
A few things that I think are an absolute must for this software:
First, there needs to be support for selling digital items (such as downloads, mp3's, ebooks, etc...) through secure links or by secure email delivery after the user pays.
Second, there needs to be support for payed subscriptions, for example a customer pays a subscription fee and gains access to a webpage that only payed subscribers have access to by being give a username and password after payment. I know that this one is hard to program but I think it's extremely important. Also, is it possible so that support for Moneybookers is includes since paypal is not available in many countries around the world for accepting payments, moneybookers on the other hand is available in almost all countries around the world. Thanks :D

You will find that some of those ideas are on our to-do list. You can read more information on this at http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/shoppin … eator-v35/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 164622 Photo

21 posts

A simple suggestion - but I don't know how hard to impliment:

There should be a way to address a sale - wither by a coupon module that will reduce the invoice - or a method to apply a discount across the board - for all customers. A simple (for example) 20% discount for all products in the store. I know you can do it individually - but with a hundred items it is tedious and time consuming. Toggle on - and off - for a percent discount would be a very good thing to have.

that said: the new shop is great. Thanks for the terrific software. :cool:

Life should be a little bit nuts. If not, it is just a bunch of Thursdays strung together.

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance....

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Richard Filiberto wrote:
A simple suggestion - but I don't know how hard to impliment:

There should be a way to address a sale - wither by a coupon module that will reduce the invoice - or a method to apply a discount across the board - for all customers. A simple (for example) 20% discount for all products in the store. I know you can do it individually - but with a hundred items it is tedious and time consuming. Toggle on - and off - for a percent discount would be a very good thing to have.

that said: the new shop is great. Thanks for the terrific software. :cool:

Hi Richard,

Coupons will be included in some way with our 'pro' version due out later this year. If you have not read this thread at http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/shoppin … eator-v35/
you can find a lot of other helpful information about the future of the software.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 242695 Photo

1 post

I recently investigated this latest shopping cart after a client asked me to 'do something' with it. Not having visited CC since I looked at the editor about five years ago, I wasn't expecting much. So it was a very pleasant surprise to find such an advanced product. Easy to use after about half of day of experimenting with the options, stable, intelligent FTP built in (my server is rather picky), a very active community, constant monitoring of forums by staff and a lot of features for the price.

Having previously worked with X-cart which a) I hate because it's so messy to customise and b) costs upwards of $1000 with all features, this seems like a much more approachable option for a small to medium store using Google Checkout or Paypal. Well done!

Anyway, one suggestion - when the option is set to continue shopping after adding an item to the basket I'm not seeing any confirmation, which I would assume could lead some customers to keep clicking 'add to cart'. It would be better if a message was thrown up to confirm the item had been added, or perhaps a selection box with 'continue shopping' and 'go to checkout' options.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

StormB wrote:
I recently investigated this latest shopping cart after a client asked me to 'do something' with it. Not having visited CC since I looked at the editor about five years ago, I wasn't expecting much. So it was a very pleasant surprise to find such an advanced product. Easy to use after about half of day of experimenting with the options, stable, intelligent FTP built in (my server is rather picky), a very active community, constant monitoring of forums by staff and a lot of features for the price.

Having previously worked with X-cart which a) I hate because it's so messy to customise and b) costs upwards of $1000 with all features, this seems like a much more approachable option for a small to medium store using Google Checkout or Paypal. Well done!

Anyway, one suggestion - when the option is set to continue shopping after adding an item to the basket I'm not seeing any confirmation, which I would assume could lead some customers to keep clicking 'add to cart'. It would be better if a message was thrown up to confirm the item had been added, or perhaps a selection box with 'continue shopping' and 'go to checkout' options.

Welcome back! :) I have logged your suggestion for the add to cart notification with our developers.
User 1910690 Photo

6 posts

Hi

I got into shopping cart 3.1. Great upgrade to 3.5 but very disappointed that the themes are written differently from 3.1 so having gone to the trouble of making my own themes they were no use in 3.5 so i had to uninstall and go back to 3.1. I understand that you are bringing out a themes editor(HURRY) but wanted to let you know that as a professional design company we must be able to provide our clients with a branded shop that carries the same standard of design as the rest of there site. Great product if we could do this.

http://happyhippydublin.ie/shop/Happy_Hippy-server/

thanks rory quirke
User 96272 Photo

Ambassador
20 posts

Scott,

In another thread I saw the reference to a program called "Pro". Is this an upcoming version of Shopping Cart Creator? If it is, could you let us know what some of features will be compared to the exiting version?

I would like to see SCC having the ability to upload csv files directly to my shop's database. I am currently using the drop shipper DOBA to handle my products. Right now I have to load my products one at a time, and with a store as big as mine, that takes forever.

Another feature that I need on my store is a search function for my customers.

BTW, I have a page on my store named "Tributes" which is where I show my Ambassador Card and a graphic link to my hosting provider, bluedomino.com

Darlene

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.