Publishing Cart - Post ID 250453

User 187828 Photo

6 posts

I'm having a lot of trouble syncing with my ftp server. I'm using 3ix as a host and just standard ftp. It keeps saying that it cannot connect to server. I have checked the user name password and even changed the default location

public_html
shop

so on... any suggestions?
User 187828 Photo

6 posts

This is the message
Attachments:
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Sounds like you're not publishing it within the shopping cart software? Are you? If not, why not? Are you able to connect to the server at all or just not to the shopping cart location? If you cannot connect to your server at all, then I'd suggest you contact your hosting company and figure out what's up with that as that wouldn't have anything to do with the shopping cart. If you can connect to your server, but not to the shopping cart then I'd suggest you put in a support ticket to CoffeeCup and ask for assistance to get it setup.
User 187828 Photo

6 posts

Jo wrote:
Sounds like you're not publishing it within the shopping cart software? Are you? If not, why not? Are you able to connect to the server at all or just not to the shopping cart location? If you cannot connect to your server at all, then I'd suggest you contact your hosting company and figure out what's up with that as that wouldn't have anything to do with the shopping cart. If you can connect to your server, but not to the shopping cart then I'd suggest you put in a support ticket to CoffeeCup and ask for assistance to get it setup.

Well I finally got this particular issue resolved. Apparently I had the upload directory wrong and it finally worked. So now, I've created my webpage, got the files uploaded into the public_html file. Now I'm confused because I never created a shop.html page, so how do I expose the "shophome" page? I've been working on this all day so I'm probably missing something simple. I saw an index.php file. Is that the one?
User 187828 Photo

6 posts

YES! Ok that worked. I figured it out. Thanks for humoring me :P
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Glad you got it working, good luck with your shop :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.