Option of an off-line payment ? -...

User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

I am just looking through the forums as I am considering using this software.. The offline transaction is one item I am looking for as well. Consider possibly doing it the way some other carts do it..

half of the card number is sent in email, the other half kept on server.
The merchant gets the mail, goes on the server, to the invoice number and gets the other half of the card number,,, matches or adds it together and does the transaction on his p.o.s. terminal at the store.

I guess a few people have said this too...lol.. popular idea...
I do like it that coffee cup is into the cart stuff, glad to see it..

User 442710 Photo

21 posts

I need an off line payment option also. We are a wholesaler and 90% of our customers are on account. The other 10% pay proforma by Cheque or Bank transfer after receiving confirmation of their order. It would be great for our customers to view our shopping cart as a wholesale cart with the payment function disabled or bypassed. I am sure this would appeal to many more CC customers also.
User 442710 Photo

21 posts

Rhinox wrote:
I dont know if you realize this. But this is a PAYPAL/GOOGLE CHECK OUT shopping cart. Creditcard and Paypal transaction gateway. If you want someone to be able to order COD or PTP create a contact form in the coffeecup form creator. since its primary function isn't a payment gate way like the shopping cart. The php script can only do so much with so many options.

The contact form isn't a great way to try and sell over 300 products. Some of those products having upto 8 variations. I am trying to do this at the moment but would be so much easier if I could use Cart and bypass the payment part.
User 1915465 Photo

16 posts

Well I was looking for a solution like this.
When testing "my shop" in trial version...

The first thing I did was, I added in the text field some extra comments
And added a link: Contact us
The link: < a href= "mailto:yourname@yourdomain.com?subject=house for sale"> Contact us < / a>

The disadvantage is, the [ add to cart] button is still alive.. etc.

Not the cleanest way, I admit. But usable for me...

Grtz
Deng
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

I am disallusioned with Ebay and all the listing costs so setting up an online store is an option especially as I have a lot of trafic on another site so I am interesed in this software.I already own Form builder and it has proven most profitable.

Looking over the manual I agree but also realize that modifications do not happen overnight.

I am trying to see if the option can be made to include a message that someone can respond to so that alternative payment can be made. I have considered COD, Cheque,Money Order as options. Also as my reason for setting the shop up is to sell some of the stuff I have accumulated over years like outboard engines Golf sets. Which do not post well and pick up is a viable option.
I have put my case and ask if anyone has considered a viable work around.

I am considering a form and link to a suitable page. The only problem I could see if someone requests an alternative method and another person purchaces the item before it could be removed.

I guess that would not be a problem to me and a statement of that eventuality could be advertised.

I use paypal for credit payments using buynow buttons and they do ccept credit cards. There is also an email money request. So actual alternate payments do not appear a problem. Removing the item means re-uploading a modified page which constitutes a time delay.
I am in Australia and find some of my postal sales are in the States and there is a considerable time delay.

I would be interested in comments. So far I am trialing the software and getting favourably disposed towards it.

Terry

Edit My "A" is sticky coffee to blame. not all coffee stays in the cup
The Guy from OZ

User 2057577 Photo

7 posts

All I want to do is be able to use my current CC merchant account gateway system with the coffe cup software. Otherwise, I have wasted my money on the software and will have to go another route. I like coffee cup for most web design stuff, but this is really an issue. I design websites for businesses who already have cc merchant accounts and are not willing to spend the money for another one. Also, the option to navigate to another site, (paypal for ex.), is not very professional in my opinion. When a person pays for a website, they would like for all the processing to take place within their site. Any solutions???
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Ricky Reece wrote:
All I want to do is be able to use my current CC merchant account gateway system with the coffe cup software. Otherwise, I have wasted my money on the software and will have to go another route. I like coffee cup for most web design stuff, but this is really an issue. I design websites for businesses who already have cc merchant accounts and are not willing to spend the money for another one. Also, the option to navigate to another site, (paypal for ex.), is not very professional in my opinion. When a person pays for a website, they would like for all the processing to take place within their site. Any solutions???

I am sorry but our software only works right now with PayPal, Google Checkout and Authorize.net. Our Pro version will add support for World Pay and 2CO.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Ricky Reece wrote:
Also, the option to navigate to another site, (paypal for ex.), is not very professional in my opinion. When a person pays for a website, they would like for all the processing to take place within their site. Any solutions???

One of the reasons many sites fail is because they don't offer an independent third party payment solution. Unless a business is well known within its field and preferably long established, there is significant resistance to people giving their credit card details to what in effect, is a complete stranger. :/

Whilst PayPal, Google and others aren't perfect, at least potential customers can shop safely knowing that their credit card details are never passed onto the shop owner. :cool:
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

WILL_UK wrote:
Ricky Reece wrote:
Also, the option to navigate to another site, (paypal for ex.), is not very professional in my opinion. When a person pays for a website, they would like for all the processing to take place within their site. Any solutions???

One of the reasons many sites fail is because they don't offer an independent third party payment solution. Unless a business is well known within its field and preferably long established, there is significant resistance to people giving their credit card details to what in effect, is a complete stranger. :/

Whilst PayPal, Google and others aren't perfect, at least potential customers can shop safely knowing that their credit card details are never passed onto the shop owner. :cool:

This is the exact reason I stay with paypal.
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 94968 Photo

30 posts

I have a client who does not wish to process his orders through a payment gateway, just take the orders on line and have someway of sending them to a file or by email to him.

My need is immediate. I see there is a lot of discussion on the site for this option. What is the status of this. Is it in the works?

Has anyone figured out a work around for this?
Don Whitfield

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.