General Questions - Page 3 - Post ID...

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

You're welcome Bob. You need web hosting that offers php as that is what powers Cart Creator.

You can expand the name in the shop to Boatstuff, your online marine store, or something similar.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Bob if you want an example of what Will was saying about the short url

And relevant to what you are doing try typing the below into yahoo

lengthen a narrowboat

Result is entirely different in Google though

That website is actually on a subdomain www.boats.riverchess.co.uk

With the short domain pointed at it (www.boatstretch.co.uk)

just hope it comes up for you searching in NZ as otherwise this won't make any sense at all !
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 31219 Photo

58 posts

I see what you mean, I have never done a sub domain and my provider does allow that. My site is www.havelock.net.nz now if I do this shop I was just going to put it in as another page so it would read havelock.net.nz/boatstuff.htm
Would a sub domain read something like this havelock.boatstuff.net.nz
Have I got that right??? Would a sub domain be the way to go??
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

to do a subdomain you'll need access to your Cpanel or have access to the person that can set it up for you. It's done via the Cpanel or whatever admin setup your host is using. Once the subdomain is setup you can purchase a normal domain name if you like and have it go to that subdomain location, or you can leave it as "havelock.boatstuff.net.nz" whichever you prefer.

If you create a new folder in your main domain area and call it boatstuff then instead of a normal subdomain that is part of the main domain name like "havelock.boatstuff.net.nz/nameofpageshere", you would end up with "havelock.net.nz/boatstuff/nameofpageshere"

For the record, it will work either way.

Hope that makes sense, and if you need assistance setting up a subdomain in Cpanel (providing you have access to it that is) let me know and I'll be glad to give you a hand, it's pretty easy to do :)
User 31219 Photo

58 posts

Hi Jo Ann, How did you make your page look so nice. Are you using Shopping Cart Designer?? You might need you to assist me in getting mine married into my existing pages. I don't like using templates as all my pages are custom made. I would like to add my own back ground colours and design it my way. At present I am busy putting in the products but I would like to do something like you have. Does this mean I need to buy another program?? before I start:/
User 31219 Photo

58 posts

Hi Jo Ann, Have you limited accessories of the world to just USA as I went to your page and put a product in the basket but the destinations were only for the USA. Was wondering how one could set up 2 different shipping costs eg one for international and the other local.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Bob,

My site is actually a rendition of the Jupiter theme that I altered the graphics to my own liking for. You're able to do that with pretty much any theme if you find one that is close to what you want, just alter the graphics how you like them. In my case I took the theme that was there and turned the dark edge of the background images into gold edges that are raised. I did this using Photoshop Elements 2 with some of the One-Click WOW tools that came on a CD I bought many years ago. Has some awesome elements that can be added to text or graphics which I love to mess with.

I did have to split the main content graphic up into 3 parts to get it to flow smoothly, that was with the awesome assistance of many of the users here on the forums. There are some posts I made on the forums that gave me a lot of help for this, maybe they will help you too:

https://www.coffeecup.com/forums/websit … ckgrounds/

https://www.coffeecup.com/forums/websit … ner-setup/

Hope those help with the Theme part.

As for the different locations, that's a preference you setup for your tax and shipping setups of the program. Yes I have limited myself to shipping only in the US for now as I don't know enough about shipping procedures for other countries yet. I am sure I'll broaden out once I get fully operational and have the time to sit and figure things out. I haven't messed with shipping costs a whole lot yet, but it does look like you can setup multiple shipping options. If you were to Name them so that your customers know that they need to choose specific locations and give choices like USA, Europe, Australia, etc. for example, then setup the fees you feel will account for the charges to those areas. That should show up as a drop down menu then with choices for their shipping.
I'm assuming this though, I haven't played with it myself much to know for sure.

Good luck on it and hollar if you need help, and hopefully the posts help out on the theme too :)
User 31219 Photo

58 posts

I just bought Shopping Cart Designer, If my wife finds out she might kill me ha ha. Changed some background colours and fitted a logo then saved it and exported it but The cart creator says it isn't compatible so now have I bought a lemon???:o I bought the Pro verson thinking why not have it all.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

hmm sounds like maybe the theme may have been an outdated version, I would suggest to put in a ticket to ask support for help on this as it shouldn't be doing that. Did you uninstall the trial version and reinstall the registered version so that the trial is gone now also? If not then do that first, and if so then contact support Bob as it shouldn't be saying that unless you got some themes with it that are meant for SSC Pro which some of us did get a while back. Could be one of them, but check for sure.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Bob wrote:
I just bought Shopping Cart Designer, If my wife finds out she might kill me ha ha. Changed some background colours and fitted a logo then saved it and exported it but The cart creator says it isn't compatible so now have I bought a lemon???:o I bought the Pro verson thinking why not have it all.

Can you tell me the exact wording of the error you are getting? A screen shot will really help. Did you originally create a theme in the trial version of Shopping Cart Designer? Are you exporting it to Shopping Cart Creator trial version or registered version?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.