General Questions - Page 2 - Post ID...

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

This forum software appears to have a FLAW, where if the last word of a post is in bold, or underlined, ALL the following posts also automatically adopt the same type attributes??
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

WILL_UK wrote:
This forum software appears to have a FLAW, where if the last word of a post is in bold, or underlined, ALL the following posts also automatically adopt the same type attributes??

Fixed. Seems to occur when someone adds the bold or italic tag but never puts anything in there.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 31219 Photo

58 posts

Hi Scott,
I need some pointers and ideas how to start with the credit card bit. Was looking at www.charge.com and was wondering if this outfit can be used with the Coffee Cup Software. I have an account with Pay Pal but have never used it. eg. does it except all credit cards??? and is this the way I should go. This is all new to me and I just need a push in the right direction. I have an existing webpage, I bought the shopping cart, have a range of products but the merchant banking side of things is stopping me from making a start because I would like to understand how the merchant banking side fits in with the cart as Charge.com has it's own shopping cart. Is there a turtorial on this subject?? Another question is how secure can these online shops be.
I go on the pension next month and I would like to make it my Start up date for a new venture. I spoke to my own bank and they didn't seem to be all that clear on the subject. What steps do you reccommend I take??
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Hi Bob. Having had a quick look at charge.com they appear to use their own shopping cart software that integrates with SSL security, so it would be completely incompatible with the current version of Cart Creator.

PayPal is one of the best ways forward for a small business as they accept most of the major credit cards and you are not tied to any contracts with them. As well as PayPal you can also add Google checkout and Authorize.net to Cart Creator.

Cart Creator will be having a pro version coming out shortly and Scott has already indicated that pro version may be having a wider range of payment options, The current three should satisfy most needs of small to medium business enterprises though.
User 31219 Photo

58 posts

Hi Will, thanks for that. Can you tell me, do I need to go into Pay Pal to set this up or does the Cart Creator take me there. I am really not sure where to start with this program as I want to marry it into a couple of my existing web pages. Mybe I will just start with the program and set up a few products and feel my way in. I am kind of gathering crumbs of information together before I make a move and I want to limit the selling to only in NZ. I spoke to my bank yesterday but their charges are too high. I can't see how a bank can charge when their opposition is offering free set up etc.
How would you suggest I should start with Cart Creator as I have never done anything involving $$s before and this seems to be a big challenge for me as I can't afford to get it wrong. My web address is http:// www.havelock.net.nz
Over the years I have taught myself and just treated it as a hobby but this is something different.
Look forward to hearing back from you.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Hi Bob. To set Cart Creator to work with PayPal, you simply enter the email address you have registered with PayPal into the payments section of Cart Creator. It's that simple. :)

I would suggest you have a play round with Cart Creator and explore. It's a very easy program to set up and use. If you get stuck on anything there is a manual in pdf format to help you out.
User 31219 Photo

58 posts

Hi Will, Thanks for your answer. Now I am concerned about finding the right name and they say that can make or break a business. I think I will just call it Marine,Canvas and Upholstery fittings because it will be just a page in havelock.net.nz as I won't be registering another name. Have you got any thoughts on this? I think I will look at what others have done first.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Your own unique domain name and web hosting is a very cheap option Bob. If you go down that route you need a relatively short domain name, that is easy for people to type out and not have the opportunity to misspell. Something like boatstuff.nz perhaps?
User 31219 Photo

58 posts

Sounds good to me. I will leave the nz off as they know they are in nz. so what we want is the search engine to find boatstuff. Ok I might run with that. Thanks:D
User 31219 Photo

58 posts

Another question for you Will is the shop name and the webpage name the same?? as I opened the program I was hit with this question in my mind. Should they be the same or do they need to be the same??:rolleyes:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.