General Questions - Post ID 103774

User 31219 Photo

58 posts

Hi Marilyn, Can I suggest you try inserting code for a dropdown menu as I did. I use this dropdown on all my pages except my main index page on my site www.havelock.net.nz all you need to do is view the souce and copy the code and change the lines to what you want. I originally found this code in http://www.dynamicdrive.com/
All the best.
Bob
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Marilyn,

You can do everything I did except you can't do what you asked on adding buttons to the SCC other than the Home button. Right now it's only setup for the main 4 buttons that you see on my shop pages.

To make your buttons different graphics you'll need to go into the Shopping Cart Designer (might need Pro for it) and go into the area for the menu and change the graphics and spacing etc. in there. Takes a bit to get it to work how you want it, but it's definitely doable without too much hassle.
User 541889 Photo

104 posts

When we needed extra buttons / links to be displayed we opted to use CoffeeCup Flash Menu, as Cart Creator seems to handle Flash better than straight html.

We just placed the code in the footer section, so appears on all pages. The draw backs are where people prevent Flash from running, though might be of use to some.
www.kwayzekatz.co.uk <--- Site developed using CoffeeCup Software: Shopping Cart Creator, Web Form Builder, Photo Gallery, RSS News Flash, Flash FireStarter, Web Video Player, Flash Menu Builder, Shopping Cart Designer
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

cute menu and site you have there ian, I like it. I wouldn't have thought to add the menu to the bottom, that's a different take on it all I suppose.
User 31219 Photo

58 posts

Hi Ian, i liked your menu in the footer. I looked around my pages but can't find where this would go. I understand it is in one of the php pages. Is that correct?? or is it in the designer program that I need to do it as I never looked there. I am all new to this and still learning. I suppose I need to buy Coffee Cup Flash to do this. My cup will be running over with coffee soon :lol:
User 432694 Photo

27 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
No ETA just yet as we are still collecting information from our beta testers.

Is there a page anywhere that lists the features?
For instance will there be upcharge capability in product options?
Will customers have personalization option, for instance player name and/or number on shirt?

I would prefer a simple shopping cart to coding everything with paypal and these are rather basic features. Having a text field as an option does not seem a big deal since the other options are also just form elements (drop down list).
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Danielle Lloyd wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:
No ETA just yet as we are still collecting information from our beta testers.

Is there a page anywhere that lists the features?
For instance will there be upcharge capability in product options?
Will customers have personalization option, for instance player name and/or number on shirt?

I would prefer a simple shopping cart to coding everything with paypal and these are rather basic features. Having a text field as an option does not seem a big deal since the other options are also just form elements (drop down list).

All that information will be posted with the Pro version is about to go live.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Bob wrote:
Hi Ian, i liked your menu in the footer. I looked around my pages but can't find where this would go. I understand it is in one of the php pages. Is that correct?? or is it in the designer program that I need to do it as I never looked there. I am all new to this and still learning. I suppose I need to buy Coffee Cup Flash to do this. My cup will be running over with coffee soon :lol:

If I'm understanding what they said correctly Bob, I think it's in the Footer of the SCC itself. If you go to the Your Shop settings button it's on the first tab there you'll see 3 tabs, the last one is the Footer area where you can place code or text that you want to display in your footer other than the default copyright and navigation menus that are already there.

Pretty sure that's where they put it, but don't quote me on it :P
User 541889 Photo

104 posts

Bob,

Jo Ann is spot on, that is where we put the code for the menu in the footer. :D

Ian
www.kwayzekatz.co.uk <--- Site developed using CoffeeCup Software: Shopping Cart Creator, Web Form Builder, Photo Gallery, RSS News Flash, Flash FireStarter, Web Video Player, Flash Menu Builder, Shopping Cart Designer
User 31219 Photo

58 posts

Thanks guys I found it, and I bought Flash Menu Builder. It looks pretty simple according to the video tutorials. Now it looks like I need the site mapper. Coffee Cup is doing well out of me!!!:rolleyes: My coffee cup is running over he he:lol: but they are all very good programs with good online video tutorials. Thank you Coffee Cup. :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.