SCC Pro - Post ID 129655

User 503621 Photo

266 posts

Can't wait to upgrade !!!
User 503621 Photo

266 posts

I watch this thread everyday,can't wait for the day i wake up with a coffeecup email on my inbox
SCD PRO UPDATE AND SCC PRO LAUNCHED TODAY !!!
Wow !!!
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

was there a post in here that just got deleted?
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 503621 Photo

266 posts

Not sure...
User 241482 Photo

1 post

Personally I have just about had it with coffeecup software.

In the past I have had a number of unflattering comments regarding my comments - e.g. "You should have tested it before buying... etc. They don't need to warn Canadians etc. about it being US only because you should have tested it before buying etc. etc. At the time I trusted coffeecup software so did not fully test it. My mistake - on both counts.

The problem is, while it is great software for the money - it is not professional level software. All too often it is not even usable. In that case it is not a good deal even if it had been free!

My shop (not live) currently gets confused when the amount to be taxed is not an even number so say 95% of the time the tax added is wrong. And I went through hell dealing with coffeecup support before they realized that it was a bug. Finally I was told "the developers are working on it". Not good enough.

They do not treat their customers in a professional manner because frankly most of us are not. We are just trying to make a couple bucks doing something we like to do.

In my opinion anyone doing web/e-commerce type of work for paying customers and that are using coffeecup shopping cart software are nuts.

I mean Scott recently announced that the software was ready when it wasn't - as a joke!

And if they are testing Shopping Cart Creator Pro thoroughly before release - well that is a first!

Are they really good at responding to questions/problems with their software - they certainly are. Because they have a LOT of practice at it. Even if they are not that good at fixing it.

I have other software (DigiCel FlipBook) that has free support for life. The difference is that their software is so well done, so stable that their customers have very few problems with it.

I am going back to school in the fall for a career change so my store front is on hold for one to two years - maybe by then the bugs will be worked out and SCC Pro will have been released...

Eric
--
"One might say that style is a form of imperfection."
Will Eisner
--
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

I think you have made a number of mistakes in your post and as a result I believe you are misleading the readers.

First, show us a post where Scott promised you a date?

Second, regarding CC software not able to create professional level sites. Why don't you view mine, they are all built with only CC software - and of course my ability to design. CC can't design the site for you, only provide you with some tools.

Third, I am not sure how much sense it makes to say that CC is responsible for all of this, when they clearly state to test all software first. What exactly were you "trusting"? Did they inform you that you did not have to test the software that it would just work? I don't think so. What else would you like them to do outside of having a fully functional trial. Seems more than fair to me.

Fourth, you say that it is unacceptable for CC to say "the programmers are working on it", would you rather them say "the programmers are not working on the problem". I am confused. Do you expect the software to magically fix itself?

Fifth, name one time where you were not treated with respect and/or were treated unprofessionally.

Too many questions, so little time.
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 345577 Photo

373 posts

Eric Bailey wrote:
In the past I have had a number of unflattering comments regarding my comments...
Oh, oh --- the fanboys are gonna get you! (Making a mental list of those who are going to blindly jump to CC's defense here...)
User 345577 Photo

373 posts

Eric English wrote:

How about the thread in the Shopping Cart Creator forum titled: Shopping Cart Creator Pro -- NOW READY!!!!, by one Scott Swedorski, Esq.??? Oh, he was "just kidding!" Now, wasn't that a really professional, responsible thing for a CC mucky-muck to do?
User 503621 Photo

266 posts

Eric English wrote:

Second, regarding CC software not able to create professional level sites. Why don't you view mine, they are all built with only CC software - and of course my ability to design. CC can't design the site for you, only provide you with some tools.

Eric is right on the money, sometimes people expect the software to make professional
designs,but its not,every result will depend on each owns taste,each own capabilities...
btw Eric,your sites are impressive,very nice well done with a modern vibe to them.
Can this kind of sites be achieved with VSD ??

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Chuck B wrote:
Eric English wrote:

How about the thread in the Shopping Cart Creator forum titled: Shopping Cart Creator Pro -- NOW READY!!!!, by one Scott Swedorski, Esq.??? Oh, he was "just kidding!" Now, wasn't that a really professional, responsible thing for a CC mucky-muck to do?

Did you not eat eat your Corn Flakes today Chuck? That is a lot of negativity for one post... ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.