Post your Pro Shops here. - Page 25 -...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya KoG,

There is no way to do that "within" the program. All pages that you add within the program are added to that dropdown and no buttons can be added to the menu *grumbles as I feel your pain there as well do many others*. Hopefully in the future they will give us a normal menu setting instead of a dropdown. Not sure why it started that way as it's kind of a crappy setup for a menu, but it does work.

What you can do is what I did on a shop and add a separate side menu on just the home page of the shop. I just created a table and put it in there so basically the left menu is in the left side of the table, and the Page Title is in one cell and the content of the page is in the cell below it. Took a little finagling but it worked out pretty well for the most part. You can see what I mean at http://arizonahobbies.com (don't mind the shop though he's not finished with it yet).

Anyways that's an option which I chose to take the items in the dropdown as well as a bunch of others and add it there. Unfortunately I didn't do that on all pages, just the home page, but it's something at least. This would give you the opportunity to create some pages outside of the program if you like also using either HTML Editor or VSD or just create more pages there and link them in that side menu.

I guess my question on the Mobile thing was because I didn't know what a Mobile was for it. I thought you were basically taking things to them to buy rather than them buying them on the site. Might want to rethink that name unless your customers are already familiar with what it means. I had no idea that it meant delivery :P Glad you checked on that stylist thing too.

Hope that helps, and definitely looks better with that space at the top gone. :)
User 2386860 Photo

17 posts

We will take any recommendations we can get right now to make it search engine worthy and customer worthy. Thanks for the feedback so far! Scott I could use your advertising expertise about now. :) We are spreading the word in our product line by using ebay and Etsy right now. Anymore ideas would be great!!
User 204387 Photo

138 posts

New Shop:

http://www.rocksrus.co.uk/shop/

Cheers,
Baz.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Very nice as always Baz, you definitely know how to manipulate that program well!
User 204387 Photo

138 posts

Thanks Jo Ann,
I think this will be my last shop.
I am going to try my hand at a car classifieds.
Yes I know they have been done to death!
Here in the UK the top site has nearly half a million cars.
Just 1% of that will keep me in bacon and eggs for life.
i will be using CC HTML Editor to sort out the site of course.

Cheers all.

User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Damit Baz you knock the socks of what i can/can't do with SCC
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 1955452 Photo

6 posts

User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Samantha Tanner wrote:
Mine is www.baehrsden.com

just sent you an email from delorean.........co.uk
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 2202712 Photo

2 posts

Hi

Been checking out sites on this forum, there are some great ones. I have just finished this site for a client....she was delighted, got sales straight away. But, you will see there are a couple of problems:
The images don't quite look right, it is the shape and have white behind them. Also, I haven't been able to use the inventory properly. In the shop I can offer, say, 4 different sizes for the same product, eg S, M, L, XL. But to track the inventory I have to set each size as a different product rather than tracking them separately - which seems a bit of a pain!

Anyway, here is an Vintage underware shop:
http://www.madamegerties.com/shop/category.php
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/46490478/ccforumpics/Explicit.jpg

Can you believe it, next project is a fishmongers. Variety is the spice of life :)
User 1906993 Photo

5 posts

My shop is www.dazzlingmagic.co.uk and was done using SCC pro and SCD Pro. Im also curretly working on a new one www.gplayingcards.co.uk.

Thanks
Darren

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.