Post your Pro Shops here. - Page 24 -...

User 2386860 Photo

17 posts

Finally got our site up and running, boy was it tricky to get the stock logo to go away lol!

http://www.beezwix.com

Still have one more site to go though!!!
User 390018 Photo

49 posts

Love the new shopping cart software! I really need to take of the price from the home page though. Instead of having that $0 or $1.

Anywho, here is my website www.krownofglory.com
Krown of Glory
"...because every woman deserves her krown of glory..."
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Nice shop KoG,

A little plain though, could use either more content on the home page or less spaced out. There's a whole lot of space at the top between the menu and the images that is a bit overdone and the spacing of your text is just a bit much too. I realize spacing seems to make your page look like more sometimes, but in most cases, this much spacing just means I have to scroll more to get to the content which isn't always necessary on a home page. As long as you have all the content needed on the home page that's usually good enough.

The other thing I noticed was your Mobile setup. In there you talk about paying in such and such a time, yet with the CoffeeCup cart there is no pay later setup. You only have pay now and price adjusting so that paragraph doesn't make any sense for that service. You also have a "choice" in whether to include a stylist or not, yet you don't give a "choice" on that, it's included by default so you should probably either drop the paragraph giving the choice, or adjust the Optional Field to be required to choose so it says "Choose One" instead of defaulting to the only choice available without a way to remove it.

I didn't look at a lot of the setups, but I'd definitely go through and check these things to make sure they are all uniformly setup with the choices and adjust the spacing so it looks nicer.

Love the site though, and it's unique in that I've not seen a lot of this type of business. Good luck on it!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Nice job too lovepedal,

Clean site, short and sweet, but nicely done. Good work on the images and keeping it simple was a good choice.
User 390018 Photo

49 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Nice shop KoG,

A little plain though, could use either more content on the home page or less spaced out. There's a whole lot of space at the top between the menu and the images that is a bit overdone and the spacing of your text is just a bit much too. I realize spacing seems to make your page look like more sometimes, but in most cases, this much spacing just means I have to scroll more to get to the content which isn't always necessary on a home page. As long as you have all the content needed on the home page that's usually good enough.

The other thing I noticed was your Mobile setup. In there you talk about paying in such and such a time, yet with the CoffeeCup cart there is no pay later setup. You only have pay now and price adjusting so that paragraph doesn't make any sense for that service. You also have a "choice" in whether to include a stylist or not, yet you don't give a "choice" on that, it's included by default so you should probably either drop the paragraph giving the choice, or adjust the Optional Field to be required to choose so it says "Choose One" instead of defaulting to the only choice available without a way to remove it.

I didn't look at a lot of the setups, but I'd definitely go through and check these things to make sure they are all uniformly setup with the choices and adjust the spacing so it looks nicer.

Love the site though, and it's unique in that I've not seen a lot of this type of business. Good luck on it!

Thank you JoAnn for your feedback. I don't know what you mean by the spacing though, this is new to me. Could you be a little bit more specific. maybe my laptop shows differently than your screen does. Also, with the mobile set up, what do you mean by paying in a time frame? That is for when people want the products delivered to them and it depends on how many miles away they are. I see the problem with the stylist option, thank you for pointing that out.

Also, do you know how to include more tabs at the top? Right now all of the information is in drop down menus and I would like it to be tabs at the top across the page.

If you have anything else please, please let me know. I really appreciate it!
Krown of Glory
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Krown of Glory, Jo Ann is referring to a huge amount of blank space between the word Home, and the top of the young ladies head.

If you have the designer program you should be able to eliminate it, and as first impressions are the most important, you want your customers landing on your home page for the first time to be drawn in by its exciting content, rather than scrolling down the page to find something at all.
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 390018 Photo

49 posts

Ok, got it! I fixed it ( I think). Thank you so much! Also, is there a way to put more tabs at the top? I have so many categories, the drop down menu is too long to me. Or maybe I would have to choose a template that has a side menu.
Krown of Glory
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Lovepedal :: your signature : hempuniverse.com/ is now advertising zencart, i guess you are switching from them to CC, good move

You might like to remove signature till your using it with CC program

Re Beezwix try to make more use of the page title Beezwix shop home wont do your SEO any good

Try something new like : Beezwicks, candle wicks for the discerning candle maker, No lighter fluid or butane fumes totally natural & organic
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement

User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

K O G , huge improvement

User 390018 Photo

49 posts

Thank you very much! Do you know how I can add a page without it being part of the drop down menu? The customers would like more information on the different hair textures. And I would like to add a page with just pictures of the hair and different descriptions of the hair textures.
Krown of Glory

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.