Please add coupon code ability - Post...

User 1965919 Photo

4 posts

Please add the "coupon code" feature to Shopping Cart Creator Pro.

I see it is a feature of the Coffee Cup website shopping cart.

Im so jealous.

Can't we have it too?
User 544680 Photo

171 posts

There have been numerous requests for this feature but there has not been an update to the program in over 20 months.
User 298877 Photo

Ambassador
292 posts

This will be addressed I am sure.

At the moment, the focus is on responsive design and some great new software like Web Form Builder and the forthcoming "2 Slider App" as per the recent Easter Word Hunt.

The emphasis is on developing a responsive future and Coffeecup will lead the way with this concept if I and my crystal ball are correct.

No doubt, Shopping Cart Creator Pro too will receive a #rwd makeover and this release will address the major requests which includes coupon codes and the handling of selling electronic downloads.

Good things come to those who wait :)
User 1870919 Photo

61 posts

...and wait...and wait...and wait.

I told a client that I built a shopping cart website for last spring that an update was scheduled to come out later in the summer because that was what I was told by Coffeecup, but it never came. He is miffed and I may have lost a client. I am a little miffed too.
Cheryl
User 604770 Photo

33 posts

I am, too, soooooo disappointed in CC. Nothing.....

Perfect is the enemy of good. Seems like the good 'old' CC users have been forgotten - or worse - taken for granted.

Please!!!???!!! Coupons and Digital would really really really be nice. Pretty please??? With sugar on it???
User 333213 Photo

115 posts

why is it a feature on the CC website & not available for us. Are they using CC software to build their own site or soemthing else? It would be great if we could offer a coupon discount.
Is there a way we could do it with the Password Access manger. When they are givien a specific password (coupon code) it would redirect them to a discounted shopping cart.
I know we would of have to build two identical shopping carts with different pricing. Say one with the original pricing & one connected to the redirect with the rigth coupon code (password) that would be for example 20% off the regular price on everything.

Would that worK?
10% of fishermen catch 90% of the fish.... then they release them for another day.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

What CC uses on their site is what you want but building an app that will build a shop that has coupon codes is a large under taking. You have to remember that it also has to work on every server and pc that it's used on.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Fisherman wrote:
why is it a feature on the CC website & not available for us. Are they using CC software to build their own site or soemthing else? It would be great if we could offer a coupon discount.
Is there a way we could do it with the Password Access manger. When they are givien a specific password (coupon code) it would redirect them to a discounted shopping cart.
I know we would of have to build two identical shopping carts with different pricing. Say one with the original pricing & one connected to the redirect with the rigth coupon code (password) that would be for example 20% off the regular price on everything.

Would that worK?

Yes you can do that pretty easily and the only thing that would have any draw backs would be that inventory would not be accurate if you use the same products for both shops.

To do this just save your main shop under a new name (add something like -discount to the end of the shop name so you know which is which). Then use CC's Website Access Manager to set up a coupon code (basically an ID / Password combo) and then do a whole shop discount (easily done using the grid copy and paste method).

You have the right ideas already in your head so go for it and good luck! :)
User 1917681 Photo

1 post

Please make adding the coupon code feature to our shopping carts a priority!!! I don't care if you upgrade an existing product or design a new product that I need to purchase. I want to be able to use coupon codes, as the Coffee Cup Shopping Cart does. I was really surprised when I went looking for the feature and found out it was not available. I just assumed that since the Coffee Cup Shopping Cart offered it, I could do it too, on my shopping cart. I plan to do a new promotion with my business utilizing coupon codes, so PLEASE HURRY!!!!!
User 1870919 Photo

61 posts

So is it safe to say then that Coffee Cup software was not used to build the Coffee Cup site?
Cheryl

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.