Payments: Configure Default Country -...

User 171044 Photo

Ambassador
64 posts

Hi, with Webstandards on PayPal is there any way to configure a Default Country - in my case the United Kingdom. Currently when PayPal Guests go to make a payment, the default country is the United States. Maybe an enhancement in the Payments section in Pro would be to give options for users to choose a default country. Kind regards. Matt
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

I just took my delorean cart through to Paypal, as a guest, it then at Paypal transaction stage had a drop down option, in whch i was able to select United Kingdom.

as i too am in UK this is all i expected to see, are you saying this is not the case with your cart. ???
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 171044 Photo

Ambassador
64 posts

Hi there, yes the Drop Down works fine and always has. The issue is that most of my business comes from the UK and it would be more convenient to have United Kingdom automatically at the top rather than the United States. Be easier for my customers. Having done some research there appears to be a line of code that would do this - allegedly, but I don't know which file to edit in the hope it would work. If the modification does work, then it would be quite easy for CC to add an option in the Payments configuration dialog for which country to default Paypal to.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

That drop down is in Paypals setup i assume, and i agree with you a default for uk would be nice.

Have you asked paypal about it ?
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 171044 Photo

Ambassador
64 posts

I posted PayPal a ticket the other day but no reply as yet. Hunted on the net and there is a line of code, but not sure in SCC Pro where this can or should be inserted. If it works then it would great, but having a Select Country button on the Payments Dialog box would be the elegant solution.
User 171044 Photo

Ambassador
64 posts

Here is the reply for my ticket on PayPal.

Hello Matt Doyle,

You can submit a variable called "lc" to set the default language and country landing page for a Website Payments Standard checkout process. To have page appear defaulted to the UK you can set the "lc" variable to "en_UK".

If you're using a button created or modified through your PayPal account, there is an option in "Step 3" called "Add advanced variables". There you can type in the extra variables and values you want to add. Here is an example: lc=en_UK

If you have any further questions or concerns about integrating PayPal with your web site, please feel free to contact us again at: 08707 307 191 , reply to this ticket, or go to https://www.x.com

Thank you for choosing PayPal, I wish you the best with your future transactions.

Patrick
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,187 posts

You won't be able to do this with out hacking your site with an html editor. We don't have access to the script in the shop. It would be a good suggestion.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 171044 Photo

Ambassador
64 posts

Thanks Eric, when I have more time I will go a-hunting.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.