Need some help with ssdpro - please -...

User 2140875 Photo

364 posts
Online Now

I am trying to design my first shopping cart using SCDpro and SCCpro. I have selected the theme "Starbit".

In SCDpro a "Home" button appears on the navigation bar. When I export the theme to SCCpro and preview it the "Home" button is gone. I don't know how to fix that and do not know how to create the link to where that "Home" button goes.

Second, there is no "Contact" button. How do I add a contact button and then link it to a form created by Web Form Builder.

Third, how do I add any other buttons and create the links for those buttons??

Your help is really appreciated. I've done some sites with VSD, but this is another whole ball game!

Thanks,

Galen
Attachments:
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

The home button in SCDP is only a demo , it wont work in SCCP untill you creat it in SCCP

Go to shop your shop > pages and at botom of list is option to homepge (optional) you use this if for instance if you want to create your home pages in VSD rather than SCCP (in SCCP its shop home)

You CAN NOT add a contact button, but you can create a new page with the pages tool and call it CONTACT US or similar, this will create a button and a page for your details

You have three extra pages (contact us) plus 2 more , make them the same way.

My advice though if you are already confident with VSD is create all your pages in VSD, use homepage (optional) to link to it, and change SCCP shop home name to INFORMATION see my delorean site in signature for example of this. (ie) use the SCCP as just the shopping cart
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 2140875 Photo

364 posts
Online Now

Thanks for the help Viv,

Yes, the idea of using VSD works for me. I am much more comfortable in that environment. I will give that a try. Thanks so much for your suggestions.

I may be asking more though!!!

Thanks,

Galen
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Now i have taken the time to look at your project, VSD is perfect for you.

Unlike SCC where your limited to 5 pages ABOUT CONTACT etc in my VSD site i have about 30

For SEO purposes a page for instance with a finished piece of your artwork and below or above a few small images of the work in progress, with each small image linking to a new page with a large version of the work in progress image.

each of those pages can have its own unique description and keywords which could result i a page otherwise not found by google

for instance HEADING : Early stages of a sketch in pencil outline drawing of Whippet chasing rabbit at dog track race day at Wembley stadium London.

Dog fancier types in to google, Whippet racing Wembley London, and is confronted by your website offering to paint a portrait of his pet Whippet for him :cool: another new client :) and your :lol: all the way to the bank
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.