Announcing S-Drive Storage

Ambassador
97 posts

Scott, Thank you very much! How cool is that! :cool:
Robert Bruce

Ambassador
5 posts

Hi Scott All fixed now storage tab is now there plus image upload fixed as well
I do like the storage tab it quicker and easier to upload :-)

All the beat Andy

Scott Swedorski wrote:
amdroid wrote:
Hi Scott
I was adding an image via the Your media section
As i mentioned in my earlier post i cant see any storage tabs so the only way i seem to be able to add images is via this route. it seemed to mess up after i was going to add a psd for people to play around with i was going to link this so people could mess with the layer effectd etc. But since it messed up ive logged out cleared catches etc still no joy.
But im mainly interested in the new storage facility to test while i have some spare time.

Thanks in Advance Andy

Your Media

[+] Add new file

Add a new file: Supported ExtensionsImages: .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .bmp, .ico, .tiff, .tif
Web: .html, .htm, .js, .css, .txt, .swf, .fla, .zip, .xml
Media: .mp3, .mov, .mpeg, .mpg, .wav, .mp4, .m4a, .m4v, .wmv
Documents: .pdf, .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pages, .numbers

File (URL) Added Size
http://webgfx.coffeecup.com/storage/3dtest1copy.png Today at 03:08 AM 78.98 KB
http://webgfx.coffeecup.com/storage/nicecar.png Today at 12:59 AM 250.41 KB

.psd files are not one of the accepted upload types that you can handle through the Dashboard. What you would do instead is use Direct FTP or Free FTP and upload them to your account that way.

We should have the Storage tab enabled tonight for ya.
Yep its another weird avatar

Ambassador
97 posts

I noticed something odd about S-Drive Storage. I have 2 photos on one of my S-Drive sites as shown on the Images and Media tab, but only 1 shows up under the Storage tab (see attached screen clips). My other site has 4 photos, but only 3 show on the Storage tab. What's up with that?
Attachments:
Robert Bruce

VP of Software Development
27,075 posts

Thanks Robert for reporting that. I will log the with our admins and see if we can figure out what is going on.
"Do you want to make cool responsive website layouts? Check out Responsive Layout Maker Pro and start creating your own responsive layout design now at at http://www.coffeecup.com/responsive-layout-maker-pro/ "

Ambassador
333 posts

Hi Scott

Uploaded one image to Storage with Free FTP - did not show up in storage. Then uploaded a PDF again not showing.

Then add another image through storage tab and the first image, the pencil showed up.

I can see all files with FTP.

Also IE9 the upload under storage tab was not fully visible, the upload box was just a line. I had to use Chrome to upload.

Keith

27,075 posts

Hi Keith

This is a known issue that our developers are currently working on. They should have this fixed in the next few weeks as we release some new S-Drive services.
"Do you want to make cool responsive website layouts? Check out Responsive Layout Maker Pro and start creating your own responsive layout design now at at http://www.coffeecup.com/responsive-layout-maker-pro/ "

92 posts

So, am I to understand that S-Drive Storage can provide secure online file storage without the auto sync of course? Kind of like sugarsync or egnyte, etc., but without the dedication?

I'm searching for online backup services for our small ministry which has very few files to secure offsite. We do have videos however now that I think of it. Still SD-Storage would be helpful for basic secure offsite storage of docs pics, etc.

Ambassador
2 posts

S-Drive sounded really good, and I am currently looking for a good online storage facility, so I decided to try it out. Unfortunately though it is proving far too frustrating to be of any use. I already have DirectFTP, so I signed up for a free domain S-Drive account and thought I'd be off........but sadly no......all I get in DirectFTP when I try to connect is "401 - You are not authorized to view this page.". I have checked that DirectFTP has access through my firewall, which it does, and I gather I just use my normal login details for my CoffeeCup account, but I simply cannot connect to S-Drive with DirectFTP! I have tried deleting the S-Drive account from DirectFTP and setting it up again, as suggested on another post, but I STILL CANNOT CONNECT! It is driving me CRAZY!!! So my question is, can ANYONE please help me to connect to my S-Drive through Direct FTP? Thank you.

27,075 posts

NETROMICS (Webmaster) wrote:
S-Drive sounded really good, and I am currently looking for a good online storage facility, so I decided to try it out. Unfortunately though it is proving far too frustrating to be of any use. I already have DirectFTP, so I signed up for a free domain S-Drive account and thought I'd be off........but sadly no......all I get in DirectFTP when I try to connect is "401 - You are not authorized to view this page.". I have checked that DirectFTP has access through my firewall, which it does, and I gather I just use my normal login details for my CoffeeCup account, but I simply cannot connect to S-Drive with DirectFTP! I have tried deleting the S-Drive account from DirectFTP and setting it up again, as suggested on another post, but I STILL CANNOT CONNECT! It is driving me CRAZY!!! So my question is, can ANYONE please help me to connect to my S-Drive through Direct FTP? Thank you.

You are using the software wrong. ;)

Where you configure your servers, you click the BLACK GEAR icon to connect to S-Drive and not the Green + sign. It is that easy. ;)

Ambassador
2 posts

Dear Scott, I did that, but I am still got the same error message when I tried to connect. However, I had another go, and I finally got it to connect by placing a tick inside the "Show Password" box and then removing the tick again, I have no idea why that made the software work, and why it was what was needed to connect me to my S-Drive, but at least I now CAN connect to it, so thank you. I am using Windows 7 64 Bit, maybe the software isn't completely compatible with this OS? On another note, are there any plans in the future to increase the amount of storage space that can be available on the S-Drive, maybe for a payable subscription? I like the concept of S-Drive, but the capacity is just not large enough for my needs unfortuantely, so it would be great to know that CoffeeCup were considering increasing the capacity in the future? :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.