Announcing S-Drive Storage

VP of Software Development
27,084 posts

Hello everyone!

We plan to roll out a bunch of new services and software over the next few weeks. Our first is S-Drive Storage, which is for Ambassador eyes only for now.

If you are an Ambassador, just go to your S-Drive Dashboard and click on the Storage tab to see what it is all about.

Don't forget to come back here and tell us what you think!
"Do you want to make cool responsive website layouts? Check out Responsive Layout Maker Pro and start creating your own responsive layout design now at at http://www.coffeecup.com/responsive-layout-maker-pro/ "

Ambassador
802 posts

I'll try again from home. DirectFTP will not let me connect to S-Drive from behind a proxy. Unless you can tell me how to manually add S-Drive.
"Time heals everything. Know who said that? My Latin teacher at barber college!"
- Floyd Lawson

Widoktadwat - "Plays Well With Others"

27,084 posts

Lowell Ziegler wrote:
I'll try again from home. DirectFTP will not let me connect to S-Drive from behind a proxy. Unless you can tell me how to manually add S-Drive.

You can only connect to S-Drive through Direct FTP or Free FTP, so give it a try when you get home tonight and let us know what you think. ;)
"Do you want to make cool responsive website layouts? Check out Responsive Layout Maker Pro and start creating your own responsive layout design now at at http://www.coffeecup.com/responsive-layout-maker-pro/ "

Ambassador
9 posts

S-Storage sounds great. You may want to correct one word in your announcement:

You say:

Embed them files anywhere you want (blogs, websites, social networks)

Some of my relatives talk like that but you probably meant "those" files.

I tried your editing tools "Bold" and it did not show in the preview. You may want to check that.

(latest firefox and windows 7 ultimate 64-bit in case that makes a difference)

27,084 posts

Where exactly did the BOLD not work Forrest? Was this in the forums here or in your S-Drive Dashboard?

9 posts

Forrest,

Thanks for catching that! We always appreciate it when our customers give us a heads-up on things we may have gotten wrong.

However, in this case, it's intentional. Sometimes we like to use non-traditional language to give a more light-hearted tone, to make what could be an otherwise dry announcement more entertaining, or just because we're feeling silly. We use "them" instead of "those" occasionally because it makes us laugh. Thanks for pointing it out though! :)

Ambassador
1,463 posts

Will check the new storage out tomorrow, it is evening here in the UK.

Looks interesting...........................................
Jim
---------------------------
http://www.freebits.co.uk/

Ambassador
61 posts

Scott,
Not seeing anything that relates to storage.
I am just seeing "Streams"

The tabs I see are Stream: Site:Shop:Settings

Sounds exciting.
I love the S-Drive concept.
His Best,
Simeon Amburgey
Sound Creations, Inc.
Louisville, KY
www.PraiseTracks.com
***Psalm 89:15***

Ambassador
420 posts

Right now with Storage you can:
    Store and access files from anywhere a browser is available - This statement is a bit ambituous since I cannot access the files, upload or perform any of the other operations from the iPhone or iPad.
    Embed them files anywhere you want (blogs, websites, social networks) - How? There is no code to do this I can find.
    Send download links to friends and family for stuff you really like - Again, how?
    Admire the "slick" view of photos, document and files - For as much screen real estate as this interface requires, mobile users may be turned off by it. Perhaps a toggle between details and huge fancy icons.
    Rest assured that some amazing things are about to come… - Oh, I'm certain of that. CoffeeCup always cranks out goodness. That's why I buy everything!
Let's not get all hurt.

27,084 posts

David Sellers wrote:
Right now with Storage you can:
    Store and access files from anywhere a browser is available - This statement is a bit ambituous since I cannot access the files, upload or perform any of the other operations from the iPhone or iPad.
    Embed them files anywhere you want (blogs, websites, social networks) - How? There is no code to do this I can find.
    Send download links to friends and family for stuff you really like - Again, how?
    Admire the "slick" view of photos, document and files - For as much screen real estate as this interface requires, mobile users may be turned off by it. Perhaps a toggle between details and huge fancy icons.
    Rest assured that some amazing things are about to come… - Oh, I'm certain of that. CoffeeCup always cranks out goodness. That's why I buy everything!

Thank you Dave for the feedback. This is exactly what we need to hear. For the embed and download link, just go to the Storage Tab and in the lower right hand corner you will see a gear icon. Mouse over that and then put your mouse over the Download File link, right-click and select copy link address. You can then take that URL and share it with anyone.

As to the iPhone/iPad, you won't ever be able to upload files because there is no file system on that device. Instead you would e-mail the photos from that device to your Stream Address. That would then put the file in your Storage area.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.