Redirecting Whois info - Post ID 214242

User 2147473 Photo

156 posts

Is it legal or even possible in order to maintain personal privacy, to fill in generic info under the Whois link? I.e. Give a catch all impersonal email, name, and address.
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Hmm, probably not. But you can purchase Domain Privacy from most Domain sellers.

Then again, does anyone ever check? Would probably only be a problem if someone complaines about your web site :cool:
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 2147473 Photo

156 posts

Thanks Gunsmoke.

I purchased the domain through CC, so no privacy options. Yahoo provides the domain privacy by pointing ownership info to an offsite tech company that deals with spam, etc.

Was just curious when I saw that the Whois fields were alterable.

Thanks again.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Just to confirm, it's definitely not legal to use anything but authentic owner information for domains.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Matthew wrote:
Thanks Gunsmoke.

I purchased the domain through CC, so no privacy options. Yahoo provides the domain privacy by pointing ownership info to an offsite tech company that deals with spam, etc.

Was just curious when I saw that the Whois fields were alterable.

Thanks again.

We do also offer domain privatization if you want that as well Matthew. Just open a support ticket for the request and we can have it enabled on your domain.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2147473 Photo

156 posts

Thanks Scott. Good to know. Is there an additional fee?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Matthew wrote:
Thanks Scott. Good to know. Is there an additional fee?

Yes, there is a nominal fee to add it to your account.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2147473 Photo

156 posts

One other thing if I may: I noticed that the CNAME under DNS settings for my domain is set to just the: soldoutbeliever.com, and not the soldoutbeliever.coffeecup.com. Is this correct?

I only ask because, I'm still unable to view the stream from the domain, www.soldoutbeliever.com.

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Matthew wrote:
One other thing if I may: I noticed that the CNAME under DNS settings for my domain is set to just the: soldoutbeliever.com, and not the soldoutbeliever.coffeecup.com. Is this correct?

I only ask because, I'm still unable to view the stream from the domain, www.soldoutbeliever.com.

I think something may have broke with the deletion process when we moved the sites around. Give me a few to look into that. I will drop you an email when it is fixed up.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.