Questions on RSD and how can I learn to use it?

373 posts

Maybe Artisteer Designer very easy and can import for wordpress, drupal, joomla. You can only create themes or templates
I use all the products from CC very good but on the starting difficult.
I hope more selfmade components that you can implement in your projects
Toekomstgerichte door ICT gebeten IT'er
Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT
Application Software PowerBasic Developer
e-mail : stephane.fonteyne@telenet.be
gmail : stephane760126@gmail.com
linkin : in : <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/stephane-fonteyn/53/402/204>
twitter : @Stefke36

373 posts

This is your best friend:

http://www.w3schools.com
Learn HTML5, CSS3, JS, JQuery
Use Sections, Containers
Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT

21 posts

GregB wrote:
I would go ahead and buy the software, then you get full capabilities and all the time in the world. Go to the help section and read it all and perhaps several times all of the way through. Read it all until you understand it all or all makes sense.

Are you saying that the paid version of RSD has a working and organized help system not available in the trial version? I am reluctant to lay out $200 for a product that will be no more understandable to me than is the trial. Clearly, some kind of instructions MUST be available after looking at the excellent websites many users have posted in that section, but I've not been able to find them.

I cannot help but compare my attempts to learn RSD against my experience with a complex piece of software called IMatch 5, a digital asset management system written by Mario Westphal of photools.com. (If you need to manage images, this is the best manager available) His help system is extensive, specific, and easy to use. He even posted the first draft of help on line about a month before he released his software. The IMatch trial version is not crippled in any way and is good for a month.

373 posts

Stonecherub,

An good product with an very low learn curve is : Artisteer v4.0 very easy to used it or Wysiwyg Webbuilder.
I hope that the creators of Coffeecup more selfmaded components added in his products and imports an pure HTML5/CSS3 website to import is RSD, RFF or RBB en then can it change the look of the website (CSS properties)
Warning: Artisteer v4.0 created Themes or Templates and can exported to Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal CMS
Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT

614 posts

When I first learned about site design or just putting up a site period was about 12 years ago and used front-page express 95 that a friend gave me who was giving me instruction on how to make a site. I used that for about 6 years and my site had no SEO I did not know anything about that. I was searching for solution to problem to make new site and get traffic to it. I found the Coffee Cup online while doing searches for site design software. I bought their super pack on sale for like 200 dollars and began using it. VSD was new then. Got like about 30 applications with the super pack. 75 till 81 was data systems technician in the Navy so had a strong back ground in computers supposedly the equivalent of a degree in computer engineering. My formal time in the field was prior to internet and close to prior to PC's. In 82 was field engineer for Burroughs comp. co. NAS Jax building 110 computer room, worked on large mainframes and medium and small systems Navy computer supply systems. Left the field then. So for like close to 20 years I had nothing to do with computers. A customer had an IBM computer with windows 95 in it he had office with like 25 computers had shut down and was selling computers, I bought one from him and that was the first computer I had ever owned and started catching myself up on computers by spending time on it and going through it all and studying it. After got familiar with the CPU went to online and started familiarizing with that. Netfirms was who I worked with for the first 6 years because my friend teaching me site building was dealing with them. I contacted them about help with getting traffic to my site I wanted advice, the only advice was they would fix it for $50 a month. That is when I started looking for someone else to deal with and found the CC. Their software was reasonably priced and their support system was/is superlative. I do not use any other products. From time to time there are issues and concerns with the policies and tactics of the CC but the forums provide a platform where they can be heard and addressed. CC seams to listen and respond fairly and impartially. I have not seen reason to try other products or providers. Pretty much the forum people here are happy and when they are not the issues are promptly and fairly addressed and resolved. Not seeing evidence to the contrary here.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.