Suggestions for CoffeeCup Layout...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I'm finding that I change the default settings for many margins and padding as I'm building and I'm really wishing we could edit the default values globally for the program. There are so many values I end up changing that end up very close for each of my projects, yet very far from the starting default value and having to go in and remove (this is really what ends up most of the time being the case) so many values down to zero is just getting old when it's every project.

Maybe give us the ability to reset them zero with the push of a button (basically like a CSS reset) or just the ability to edit the ones we change the most in the default settings would be helpful.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Sorry for all the suggestions lol, I've been a web building fool lately so have used this software almost none stop now for a good number of months and I try posting as I see it so I don't forget. :P

So ... I would love the ability to load a page's code from the program. We can do a Preview of the page itself, but what about previewing and viewing (with copy and paste options of course) the source code of the page as well with the ability to also view the main.css file should we need it.

I'm working on a couple sites right now that I have already exported for the last time and find that after you get so far the client says... "Can you add this to the page....." and although I can add it manually if needed, it would be so much easier to add it to the page you were working on in RLMP and preview the code and take what you need for just that area of the page you have added/edited/etc.

Hope that makes sense. :)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

A little while ago I posted about copying and pasting as well as moving things around giving us a hard time and sometimes not working at all once the program has been running for a while.

I would like to add to this that Deleting also has this same issue. Also I'd like to add that the same as Andrew posted (although they posted it was RSD rather than RLMP so I'm unsure if it is a problem for them in RLMP or not) that these issues all gradually happen sooner and sooner leading to a reboot of the computer to finally get some longevity between them.

This is consistent and happens with every use of the software, so basically although I cannot reproduce it instantly like you can with some bugs, I can reproduce it on every single use of the program that it happens and then once it happens it happens sooner and sooner so you get a little reprieve between restarts of the program, but eventually you just have to reboot the computer for the software to be used productively.

Hope that explains it well and helps. :)
User 179055 Photo

3 posts

Are you guys still working on RLM Pro? There hasn't been an update for a long time. I like the software, but there are certain things that don't seem to work, such as trying to put a <TITLE></TITLE> statement in the area for entering <HEAD> items. It adds the new <TITLE> statement in the code but doesn't remove the original <TITLE>, which means that the page snaps back to the filename no matter how I try. Kind regards. /TL
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Torbjorn Lundmark wrote:
Are you guys still working on RLM Pro? There hasn't been an update for a long time. I like the software, but there are certain things that don't seem to work, such as trying to put a <TITLE></TITLE> statement in the area for entering <HEAD> items. It adds the new <TITLE> statement in the code but doesn't remove the original <TITLE>, which means that the page snaps back to the filename no matter how I try. Kind regards. /TL

Very much so! Responsive Site Designer however is getting more of our attention right now. When we publicly release RSD we plan on releasing RLM 2.0 which will contain many new features and enhancements.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Been working with a lot of text links lately and one of the things that's really needed in here is the ability to change the "hover" state color of a text link. Since the link is given a default color to start with, and since we can change the color of the actual text on normal state, seems we should be able to do the hover state as well.

We're also missing the target attribute which would also be very helpful when placing UL list links. :)

EDIT: Adding another part to this post to direct attention to the strange text editing situation of the UL text links. When you edit a normal paragraph, sentence or link it spans the entire box so you can click anywhere even if it's just a little short few words I can click past the last word and it will put the cursor at the end of the text.

With the UL List links it's not that way, there's an extra box that contains the text within the text editor and you have a very limited amount of space for editing. In other words, the box ends exactly at the beginning and end of the first and last word so you have to be pretty precise to get that cursor to be at the end of a sentence or beginning. Clicking anywhere past the end of a sentence ends the editing state and you have to double click into the editing state again.
Would be nice if it was all open to edit like the rest of the text and link editing is.
User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Jo,

I see what you mean after I tried what you just said.

I found if I just click on the text to get to edit mode and then click anywhere on the text to get the cursor and move the cursor with the arrow keys to the end of the text. Then just hold down the Shift key and re-highlight the text you want to work with you won't drop out of editing mode.

It's a couple more steps but saves having to get back to edit mode and start over again.

A little more room in the text box would be helpful. :D
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Soooo it's been a while since I posted something in here so figured it's time lol.

The site I'm working on right now has some pages with an extreme amount of columns on a page (similar setup to a page full of products). What I'd really like, after today's tediousness in changing millions (ok an exaggeration I know but ... lol) of column spans one at a time would be if we could:

Add the ability to edit multiple column spans at a time. Maybe a checkbox to go into edit mode for this and then a check box shows up on each column on the page that you can check to say you want to include that column in the edit.

Then change the span width to whatever span you want it at and ... wallah! All of the column widths that you checkboxed are now at the setting you chose. Wouldn't that be awesome! YES! lol :P

Edited after thought about this some more:
If the above isn't possible, what about adding a keybinding combo to "repeat last action" or something similar so we can just click the next column and hit the key combo to apply the last action to that column. Just some more food for thought. Anything that will make altering 50+ columns one at a time easier lol.
User 352653 Photo

35 posts

Jo wrote:
Soooo it's been a while since I posted something in here so figured it's time lol.

The site I'm working on right now has some pages with an extreme amount of columns on a page (similar setup to a page full of products). What I'd really like, after today's tediousness in changing millions (ok an exaggeration I know but ... lol) of column spans one at a time would be if we could:

Add the ability to edit multiple column spans at a time. Maybe a checkbox to go into edit mode for this and then a check box shows up on each column on the page that you can check to say you want to include that column in the edit.

Then change the span width to whatever span you want it at and ... wallah! All of the column widths that you checkboxed are now at the setting you chose. Wouldn't that be awesome! YES! lol :P

Edited after thought about this some more:
If the above isn't possible, what about adding a keybinding combo to "repeat last action" or something similar so we can just click the next column and hit the key combo to apply the last action to that column. Just some more food for thought. Anything that will make altering 50+ columns one at a time easier lol.

+1
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. 1 Cor. 13:13
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Ok while I'm at it here I must reiterate a previous suggestion that a few others brought up in the beginning.

It would be extremely helpful if we had a way to copy element styles from one breakpoint to another (from smaller to larger size). Mostly for the point of accidentally having your breakpoint in the wrong location when you thought it was on the widest setting (I'm working desktop down at the moment, but the suggested setup should probably be something that works for both directions). I honestly don't do this a lot, but it's a hella lotta work when you do it at all to try to transfer all your settings manually one by one to the breakpoint you want it to started at.

I just did this today because I had resized the width of the program to accommodate a text file to fit beside it that I was copying from for some element settings. I *coughs* forgot *coughs* to set the width of the program wider again so I was thinking I was at the widest setting and ... wasn't ...

Anyways, I think this would help for that type of situation and I'm sure a few other situations as well.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.