Suggestions for CoffeeCup Layout...

User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

I think this is something that would normally be done in RSD or after export, but you might consider adding a method (get or post) to the form container element settings in RLM.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including personal or group training for Site Designer, Web Form Builder and more via Zoom.
Email me at support@uscni.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Mark Dean wrote:
Hummm I put stuff here and it all disappeared :rolleyes: Maybe someone didn’t think those were good ideas.

Need a Code Element. An Element that html code can be input. Would help out on such things as menus from your Menu Builder.

Need the ability to change the page title within the program.

That is not something you would ever need in RLM. That would be a feature more found in the site designer.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hi Mark,

Please remember this is a layout maker / prototype builder not a website designer. The whole idea behind this program is to build the framework (skeleton) of your website. Although they have included many nice things like text editing and Image linking it is still only supposed to be meant to build frameworks.

Once your frame work is built you would export the code and make your changes as you would any other website. I have to tell you RLM has saved me 100's of hours coding by hand.

Brian is correct here, we will have to wait for the infamous Responsive Site Designer to come out, that from what we are told, will have features as mentioned above.

Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 171749 Photo

91 posts

I guess I really don’t understand the need for RLM if RSD will do what it does, only better.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Simple answer. RLM is for quick prototyping. Say you have a customer that wants a website built. You can quickly through together a mockup website to give them an idea of your vision. This will save you so much time. I used to build full website templates to show my clients and they would say no i don't like it. Then i would have to waist all my time again building a different layout.

With RLM you can quickly design a layout to show your clients! And the best part is when RSD is released it will open the RLM files and you can add all your content and images within the application. They will play very nicely together from what I understand.

I understand your confusion, RLM can do a lot more then necessary for prototyping but I do love the fact that I can use it to build 95% of my website once my clients decide they like the layout. This will get me buy until RSD comes out.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 171749 Photo

91 posts

I don’t think I would ever try to correct what RLM did in RSD :lol: Could be a nightmare. I think it would be best to just start over with RSD so you could build that directory structure to begin with and fix all manual changes you made in RLM that don’t save.

To me RLM is that awesome program that could have been :) Hopefully RSD will be
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Mark Dean wrote:
I don’t think I would ever try to correct what RLM did in RSD :lol: Could be a nightmare. I think it would be best to just start over with RSD so you could build that directory structure to begin with and fix all manual changes you made in RLM that don’t save.

To me RLM is that awesome program that could have been :) Hopefully RSD will be

Could have been Mark.......? ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

Mark Dean wrote:
I don’t think I would ever try to correct what RLM did in RSD :lol: Could be a nightmare. I think it would be best to just start over with RSD so you could build that directory structure to begin with and fix all manual changes you made in RLM that don’t save. To me RLM is that awesome program that could have been :) Hopefully RSD will be

Mark, I have been using RLM for quite some time now. I understand what you are saying. It took me awhile to get used to it, but once I did -- WHOA!! It literally saves me weeks on some projects. Steve was talking about prototyping. I did this in less than 8 hours:
http://dev.baby4me.net/

I used RLM for the layout, Menu Builder for the nav, Wow Slideshow, and CC button builder for the Facebook icon at the bottom. Before you write off RLM, I encourage you to try it for a bit.

Here are some tips to help you out.
http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/respons … -with-rlm/
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including personal or group training for Site Designer, Web Form Builder and more via Zoom.
Email me at support@uscni.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

The other thing to realize here is that the RSD program will basically be the same setup as RLM in that it will use the same site structures, the program will function very similar as it will be a more indepth setup of RLM from what we're told.

This means that you don't have to "correct" things in it from RLM, you extend it further instead. So if you use RLM now to get used to the way it works and such, then open those files in RSD you can finish the design in there without worrying about it messing anything up. They will work pretty much the same so you'll already have an idea of how it all functions when RSD does come out. That learning curve alone is worth the cost of the program I think.

Just my 10 cents, but I didn't want you thinking it was something that was going to be totally different and risky in working with RLM files in RSD. It won't be at all, in fact it will be the perfect way to finish off your RLM designs. :)
User 171749 Photo

91 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:

Could have been Mark.......? ;)

I started to post a few things here and then decided to sleep on it. Glad I did cause everything I started to post probably shouldn’t be in RLM. RLM does what RLM states it does. It’s not a site building tool and I should stop trying to use it as such :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.