Responsive Layout Maker Tips & Tricks...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Post your ideas, tips, tricks and any other neat little tools you've learned or worked around here so that the rest of the CoffeeCup community can benefit from your helpful experiences.

Please do NOT post questions here, please do a search and/or start a new thread for your questions.
User 1948548 Photo

26 posts

I use wild background colors when I start a layout for each row, and for each column, and for the containers when I start a layout.
this then makes it easier to tell if the settings you are creating are effecting the row, the column or the container, and in what way. It also makes it easier to tell if you've gotten the text or the link into the container.

cheers!
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

Delete a break point hidden behind the right hand design panel.
Add a new break point in view just to the left of the design panel.
Hit the Minus symbol twice which will first delete the break point you just added and then it will automatically select the next break point to the right and delete that. Hit the minus symbol again if there's more then one hidden break point.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2886045 Photo

38 posts

How can I see all the breakpoints? My pc monitor isn't wide enough to see all of them. I don't see any option to hide the menus or options.
User 244626 Photo

811 posts

You will have to use the zoom out feature tool top left corner. This is usually one of the first things I do when opening a project so I see all breakpoints.

Interestingly on my smaller monitor the two breakpoints in foundation both show. Its on my other computer with a large wide screen that I have to zoom out to see the larger farthest right breakpoint. :rolleyes:

By the way....nothing ticks me off more than to be designing away and realize I am not at below the lowest breakpoint or between the ones I need to be at. I see in the new CSS grid builder there is a different layout that kinda helps with this in the design panel. Would like to see that in both Foundation Framer and Bootstrap Builder.....

Bootstrap 5 CSS Grid.
User 185561 Photo

102 posts

DragonClaw,

We have been asking CC to provide us with a way to hide the right panel for just this reason. So far no luck.

I always just select the breakpoint from the breakdown dropdown to get it there quickly.
Once you accomplish the impossible, then you can move on to the hard stuff!
User 244626 Photo

811 posts

Chuck (ITManager) wrote:
DragonClaw,

We have been asking CC to provide us with a way to hide the right panel for just this reason. So far no luck.

I always just select the breakpoint from the breakdown dropdown to get it there quickly.

I believe that feature is only available in CSS Grid Builder though, correct ?
Bootstrap 5 CSS Grid.
User 185561 Photo

102 posts

I believe that feature is only available in CSS Grid Builder though, correct ?

Do you mean the hiding of the right pane? Or do you mean the breakpoint dropdown?
User 244626 Photo

811 posts

Sorry Chuck I just realized that this post is in the Responsive Layout Maker. I do not have that program so cannot really speak to its capability. Whoops !

I was referring to the breakpoint dropdown.....in Foundation Framer or Bootstrap Builder. I do not see any dropdown for the beakpoint that allows for moving quickly to them. I see in CSS Grid Builder a dropdown that allows in the design panel to do such....but not in the previously mentioned FF or BB.
Bootstrap 5 CSS Grid.
User 185561 Photo

102 posts

Alas, you are correct! I forgot that RLM does NOT have this capability (in 1.1). I now only use CSS Grid Builder (beta) and it does have it. Thanks for the clarification.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.