Export difficulties - Post ID 247045

User 2273654 Photo

754 posts
Online Now

I reached the point in my project where it was time to export and am having difficulties. The project title is WHP_RLMP.rlmp
When I open the application and open the project it is there in the folder to select. When I click on export there are only two files in the export folder "layouts" and "wireframes", The only project title is not listed there, thus no possible export because the other listed folders are empty.
Do you have to publish before you can export? Cannot seem to find definitive instructions on this matter. I did do a preview and follow the url path of that to find the project files that are probably what would be exported, but I believe that I should not have to go and find those files that way, should be able to do it by clicking on the function and having the wanted info open.
My CC S-drive site https://workhorsepainting.com
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

You don't Publish AND Export. It is either/or.

If you host with Coffeecup, all you should need to do is Publish. If you want to make final updates before posting the site on the web or you host somewhere else, you Export. See here:
http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … chapter-8/

When you do an export, you choose the folder into which your project is exported. After export, you can open those files in other programs, but the files will be in the exported folder. To what folder did you export your project?
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including training for Site Designer and Web Form Builder via Zoom.
Email me at support@usconsumernet.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 2273654 Photo

754 posts
Online Now

I thought that you export so as to get it to the hdml editor? Are you saying that you can publish so as to get it to the html editor?
OK I just exported to the layouts folder. I was not able to do that before for some reason. Guess that my issue has resolved. here it is
file:///C:/Users/GregB/Documents/CoffeeCupSoftware/ResponsiveLayoutMakerPro/layouts/WHP_RLMP_exported/index.html
Guess that i was not operating the export window properly to get it to work.
User 2273654 Photo

754 posts
Online Now

I have since edited the RLMP and exported 4 or 5 times. The first export was missing the image folder so the html file displayed with no images. I added the image folder to the export folder and then the images started rendering. Was not happy with the image rendering so proceeded to make some changes to the project file and did a rapid succession of editing and re-exporting to get the project to desired appearance.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

When you export the only image folder it will give you is the "img" folder that contains only the placeholder images that the program creates. It doesn't connect in any way to your real images folder at all other than to reference the folder you create yourself and put the images in on your own and manually upload.

This reference is only via the image path and name you put into the setting of each image to tell the code in the page, after export, where to look for those real images.

I have exported quite a few times during my use of the program and it has never failed to export the "img" folder.
User 2692754 Photo

2 posts

Totally lost on this "Export Path" thing and the instructions aren't very clear as to what exactly needs to be entered into said box in the program...

I see it mentioned here in the forum that the RLM program exports an "img" folder - from where to where...?

I've exported my project to the folder I use for the project, but the only folders that show in the folder the project was exported to are: css, fonts, js, and the "index.html" file - no "img' folder is showing...

I created an "img" folder and placed it, along with the images in it I want to use, into the exported files folder, but nothing shows - only the "alt text" appears in the preview...
Attachments:
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hi Scoot,

What you want to do is export your project then open the folder with your files in it. Create a new folder called "images" for example. Put all your images for your website in there. Then open up your RLM project again and put the export path there for example: images/yourimage.png

Then re-export your project and upload the files to your server including the new image folder you just created. You should now be able to see your images in your website.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I would also say that if you don't have an img folder in the export, I would guess that you didn't add any image elements into you project? That's the only reason I can think of that an img folder would not be present.

You need to add an image element to your page and then in the properties on the right do as Steve says and put the image path in the box and list it as where the image will be when its uploaded. If you have your images in an image folder that resides in the root directory of your site then put the path as:

images/nameoffile.jpg

Or whatever the file name is. You don't have to use the full URL path to files and images.
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
I would also say that if you don't have an img folder in the export, I would guess that you didn't add any image elements into you project? That's the only reason I can think of that an img folder would not be present.

You need to add an image element to your page and then in the properties on the right do as Steve says and put the image path in the box and list it as where the image will be when its uploaded. If you have your images in an image folder that resides in the root directory of your site then put the path as:

images/nameoffile.jpg

Or whatever the file name is. You don't have to use the full URL path to files and images.

If RLM does not create the IMG folder it means that an export path was provided for all images in the project, or as you said there were no images added.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.