What is Red Mailer - Post ID 271843

User 21765 Photo

4 posts

Hi,
reading your post i noticed that there is V2 of RED available.

1. Why was there no information about V2 sent to users who already bought V1.3?
2. Why is still V1.3 in the user account available for download?
3. I see that there is now a subscription plan for RED, what about current users?

Regards,
Matthias
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Matthias Rebbe wrote:
Hi,
reading your post i noticed that there is V2 of RED available.

3. I see that there is now a subscription plan for RED, what about current users?

Regards,
Matthias

The answer to your questions are posted below.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 21765 Photo

4 posts

Where? I do not see any answer below.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Matthias Rebbe wrote:
Where? I do not see any answer below.

Scroll and read each of the posts....

We have sent at least 5 emails on this already. Sounds like you are either not subscribed to our newsletters or you are deleting them. ;(

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/respons … post267913

Because you own it.
http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/respons … post267951

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/respons … post267913
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 21765 Photo

4 posts

Scroll and read each of the posts....

Ah, the answer were above, not below.

We have sent at least 5 emails on this already. Sounds like you are either not subscribed to our newsletters or you are deleting them. ;(

I am subscribed and i archive all emails, not just the ones from Coffeecup.
I just searched my archive and you are right, there were emails. But with such topics like "Today Only: take 40% off storewide." for example, i just missed them.

But anyway. I have some more information now and i am waiting for the release to get to know what you will be offering RED Business license holders.

Thanks.

User 2777093 Photo

11 posts

The administrator of the forum just emailed me saying that in my previous post, now gone, I had "clearly missed everything", fine. And in the message he said that "RED 2.0 is in BETA" (3 times), again fine but and I don't see anywhere in the software where it says so. Or are we talking about something completely different ?

I checked out the email, the software and the download area but didn't see anywhere saying it is a "BETA" product.

The download:
https://www.corobori.com/sos/2017-01-17_17-09-21.jpg

The software:
https://www.corobori.com/sos/2017-01-17_17-11-16.jpg

The mailing:
https://www.corobori.com/sos/2017-01-17_17-22-11.jpg

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Yes Jean-Luc, RED 2.0 is in beta. Please re-read this entire discussion as this has been covered in great length already.

Responsive Email Designer 2.0 is currently in beta and complimentary with all of our customers who are on the Mailer plan. Anyone that has ever been on the Mailer plan in the past, we provided access to this version so they can try it again (you were on the Mailer plan in 2015 but cancelled).

If you do not wish to be a part of the beta, simply continue to use version 1.3. As RED 2.0 comes out of beta, more details on all your upgrade options will be made available. If you want to give Mailer a try again, you can upgrade here at https://www.coffeecup.com/store/specials/mailer/
User 424265 Photo

4 posts

I would like to address a few questions i have about RED V2.

I am reading in the forums that in order to remove the branded footer you must be a Mailer subscriber? Isn't this basically forced subscription purchasing? Because some of us would prefer not to send out emails branded by CoffeeCup, it's just a professional thing....... Nothing personal.

On the other hand if CoffeeCup is going to keep it that way in the final RED V2 release, that you must subscribe to mailer to be able to remove the branded footer well shouldn't CoffeeCup incorporate an affiliate link unique to that person or business so that if/when the referral converts we are rewarded for our advertising efforts, does this make sense or am i going to be looked at as, and called a complainer?

Another thing i would like to mention more of a suggestion/request. Could you add the ability for RED V2 to be able to handle images hosted from anywhere such as our own hosting servers or other image hosting solutions and for those of us that choose to use this option could pay a small annual upgrade/support fee? Also with this you could leave the option to remove the branded footer without forcing people to purchase something they already have.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

I am reading in the forums that in order to remove the branded footer you must be a Mailer subscriber? Isn't this basically forced subscription purchasing? Because some of us would prefer not to send out emails branded by CoffeeCup, it's just a professional thing....... Nothing personal.

Right now with the Beta release, a subscription is required.

On the other hand if CoffeeCup is going to keep it that way in the final RED V2 release, that you must subscribe to mailer to be able to remove the branded footer well shouldn't CoffeeCup incorporate an affiliate link unique to that person or business so that if/when the referral converts we are rewarded for our advertising efforts, does this make sense or am i going to be looked at as, and called a complainer?

I would not say "complainer"..... ;)

Another thing i would like to mention more of a suggestion/request. Could you add the ability for RED V2 to be able to handle images hosted from anywhere such as our own hosting servers or other image hosting solutions and for those of us that choose to use this option could pay a small annual upgrade/support fee?

You can do that now. Instead of adding the images to the Resources you link each image to an Online URL.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.