Unable to Change Background Color on...

User 315488 Photo

90 posts

There are some rows and columns that I can change the background color for and others that I can not. There doesn't seem any reason for it that I can find. Why can I not change the background color for any row or column or for the body for that matter?

I can change the body background color OK, I can change SOME rows and/or SOME columns, but not others.

Why is this?

I have the Personal version of RED, so I wondered if that was the problem, but then why am I able to change some rows / columns, but not others. This is bizarre and makes it impossible to design what I want.
I would really like to change the background color for the column under the logo. I did change it, but it doesn't show up in the designer or in a browser.

Also: Once I've changed the color, I can NOT get back to the original setting of transparent.
How do I do that?

I've tried to attach the design file, but the system won't let me. It gives me an error about the attachment MUST be one of: .TXT, ... .RED ... or .PNG format. My file IS one of those formats (.red), but it still doesn't let me upload it. Sorry I can't do that for you to look at. I guess the attach feature on this forum isn't working either.

Sigh ...

Thanks,

Ron
User 2336860 Photo

252 posts

FisherRon wrote:

Also: Once I've changed the color, I can NOT get back to the original setting of transparent.
How do I do that?

Set the Alpha back to zero (it is at the right hand bottom of the color picker denoted by a lower case 'a')
I have no clue on the other issues you are having.

User 315488 Photo

90 posts

That's interesting (and it works). Weirdly enough, that appears to be the problem with the columns / rows that I was trying to change the color on.

For some reason, with some columns, when I changed the hex code in the color picker to get the color I wanted, the Alpha setting stayed at 0, so no changes applied. When I went back to that column and set the alpha to 1, the color is applied.

Is this a little bug?

In any case, that solved all my questions. Amazing how frustrating a little thing like this can be.

Again, thanks for your help.

Ron
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

FisherRon wrote:

Is this a little bug?
Ron

No, this is by design. :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.