Responsive Email Designer and Mailer...

User 2240127 Photo

2 posts

At the time of purchase I either missed the documentation or it was added later where I have to subscribe to Mailer to use the RED software. I've looked back through all of our correspondence regarding the item I purchased and I can't find any documentation that states the software is useless without a subscription to mailer.

If I remember correctly, the software I purchased allowed me to use warehoused images on my own server, built the email and save an html copy to my hard drive. I purchased the personal version and I'm using RED to build a very simple email to be used as a response to infrequent comments on a local genealogy site and is sent to single individuals one email at a time so subscribing to this kind of service would be crazy.

When I look at the page where the different versions of RED are on sale and the table of features and pricing for the different versions I can't find where it says the personal versions is only usable with a subscription to mailer.

While I was building my email I laid everything out in RED, looked great, exported, clicked the copy and then pasted into my new email in my Airmail client and the top row was quite the mess. Went back and tried to fix it, repeated the export, better, tried again...... Eventually I got a message:
Uh oh you’ve used up all your complimentary sends and exports!
To continue designing stylish emails, please subscribe or go here to learn about the advantages.

So, is there another method to using your program that I've missed seeing? If the only way to use the Personal version of RED is to subscribe to Mailer why isn't this clearly stated on your sales page!

It seems kind of weird that you charge for the personal version of RED, then let them export 4 times then let the customer know that they now require a subscription to mailer and oh, if you subscribe you get a free version of RED.

Heh, maybe I'm missing something and this isn't as nasty as it seems. If so, any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Dan
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

Hey Dan, I don't work for Coffee Cup but I can explain why they have a subscription. Email programs frequently change what they require for HTML email. In order for RED to properly create layouts that will accommodate all the different email readers (from software such as Outlook and Thunderbird to web based email such as Gmail and Yahoo) the code generation programming has to constantly be updated. Having a subscription keeps you up with the latest code so that your email is seen properly all the different reader software out there.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including training for Site Designer and Web Form Builder via Zoom.
Email me at support@usconsumernet.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Dan wrote:
At the time of purchase I either missed the documentation or it was added later where I have to subscribe to Mailer to use the RED software. I've looked back through all of our correspondence regarding the item I purchased and I can't find any documentation that states the software is useless without a subscription to mailer.

Dan

You own RED Personal Dan, so you do not have to have a subscription. That is optional. But that means you cannot use a few features in RED.

When RED is used together with Mailer (subscription), the email generation scripts are updated before every send or export. These scripts take care of the display consistency across email clients. Without Mailer, you'll have to wait until the next product update to get these latest scripts. Plus, with Mailer all your images are automatically placed online for you. This allows you to add images directly from your computer to your project without having to upload them to an external server first.

What you need to do instead is export your email and link all images to an Online URL. To export your email please visit EXPORTING YOUR RED PROJECT and follow the steps outlined. So that means you cannot use the Test Send feature and you need to make sure no images are listed under the Resources.

Now RED 2.0 BETA that is currently out, that is only being offered as a subscription. This has been discussed in length here at http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/respons … post267913
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.