Quirks - Post ID 255878

User 304640 Photo

24 posts

Not sure if this is where you guys want this stuff posted, but...

Two things:

I added images to the image folder for a new project. Thumbnails show up in the RCS folder, but don't exist when trying to insert in a slide. Continued trying to add. Several failed attempts. Also repeating the [add images] command to the image folder. Also tried shutting down and rebooting the program. Still no go. Gave up, and returned to the desktop about an hour later for another try. Now it's working!

My software is installed on a drive separate from my operating system. I have had no success finding the actual location of the CC user content files. They don't seem to exist on the installation drive (or in the OS system files...at least in a form I can recognize). I was trying to determine if the image files requested in the add command were actually being installed into the operating system (C:) drive (ie. being moved across drives). Was there a delay in moving the image files? I wouldn't think so since this involves an SSD and an Enterprise class hard disc. Speed should not be an issue.

Another quirk: When attempting to duplicate the last slide in a sequence, the [duplicate] command remains greyed out and unresponsive. I must back up and reload a previous slide, then return to the last slide in the sequence again to get the [duplicate] button to show as active.

Finally, I would just like to ask, how the heck does one delete a project from this program (and also from RSD)??
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I added images to the image folder for a new project. Thumbnails show up in the RCS folder, but don't exist when trying to insert in a slide. Continued trying to add. Several failed attempts. Also repeating the [add images] command to the image folder. Also tried shutting down and rebooting the program. Still no go. Gave up, and returned to the desktop about an hour later for another try. Now it's working!

While we like to claim our software is magical, it cannot really do magic. ;)

If it just started working, it sounds like what you were doing before was incorrect and now you are doing things the correct way. Congrats!! :)

My software is installed on a drive separate from my operating system. I have had no success finding the actual location of the CC user content files.

That could be your problem right there and we mentioned this in your support ticket. Install the software on your primary drive ( C: ) and see if that helps. That helps rule out issues with a secondary drive.

Finally, I would just like to ask, how the heck does one delete a project from this program (and also from RSD)??

As with anything in Windows, if you no longer want something, use your mouse and click on the file. You can then press the DELETE key (marked as DEL on some keyboards) and that will send the file to the Trash. You can also click and drag a file directly to the Trash as well.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 304640 Photo

24 posts

Sorry I have not responded to the support ticket. Something happened on your server and I have not been able to access my account for a couple days. Your people finally resolved that.

I don't wish to sound combative here, but you guys are pretty good at making some of us who have been around a long time sound like fools or noobs. I KNOW how to delete a file. The problem is FINDING the file! Sorry, I am one of those quirky users who insists on keeping the operating system separate from everything else. Would you clue me in to where I might find my project files...and my image files? Wherever they are buried, it is not obvious and I have yet to turn them up. (of course, I can barely navigate from one directory to another)

"As with anything in Windows, if you no longer want something,....... "

I fear the root of my "ignorance" lies here. Install our software to the default C:/ drive or suffer the consequences. Really? I had hoped you guys had moved beyond that by now.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We have no idea where you saved your files to William. Only you would know that. Our default location is the Documents folder but if you opted to save to another location, how would we know where you put it? When you first saved your project, you selected the location where to save the file to. That is where you will find the file. If you don't recall where YOU saved things to, search for the project file extension (.RSD, .RCS, .RLM) and I am sure you will find it that way.

Your question was "Finally, I would just like to ask, how the heck does one delete a project from this program (and also from RSD)??" You never asked us how to locate the file William. You specifically asked how to delete project to which I did offer you instructions on how to do. Locating and deleting something are two completely different things. :)

The installation to a C: drive is what I recommend to help rule out issues. If you are unwilling to do that, this is fine but then it limits what we can do for you. Sometimes finding problems is through a process of elimination. After all, you asked us for help, so we are offering suggestions on how to figure out the cause of the problems. In theory, there should be no issues at all using a non-standard location, but to rule that out it would be helpful to know if that is the cause of the problem for you.

I also think some of these issues stem from you not having a full grasp of how to use the program. If you just click around the settings without knowing what they do or how they might impact things, you can have all sorts of odd results. Over the upcoming weeks, we will be adding more how-to's and videos to help the self-titled "noobs" make better responsive slides and websites. :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts
Online Now

Sorry I have not responded to the support ticket. Something happened on your server and I have not been able to access my account for a couple days. Your people finally resolved that.

Hi William,

There has been no issues with the servers for the past few weeks. I log in every day and have no issues.

I don't wish to sound combative here, but you guys are pretty good at making some of us who have been around a long time sound like fools or noobs. I KNOW how to delete a file. The problem is FINDING the file! Sorry, I am one of those quirky users who insists on keeping the operating system separate from everything else.

No one here is trying to make you sound bad. We are just trying to understand what exactly you are asking for. For the record most applications by default save to the C drive. In fact some must be there to function correctly. This is not limited to Coffeecup software.

As Scott mentioned we do not know where you choose to save your file. If you installed software using the default settings they should be in your Documents folder. If you choose a different path then you will have to search the drive you saved them to find them.

Wherever they are buried, it is not obvious and I have yet to turn them up. (of course, I can barely navigate from one directory to another)

"As with anything in Windows, if you no longer want something,....... "

I fear the root of my "ignorance" lies here. Install our software to the default C:/ drive or suffer the consequences. Really? I had hoped you guys had moved beyond that by now.

As previously stated there is not to many software applications out there that do not install to C Drive. If you choose to move somewhere else (which is not recommended) complications like these may happen to you.

A little advise, we are all just volunteers here trying to help out when we can. Pay it forward if you will. If other users see this type of rude behavior they will be a lot less inclined to help you.

You are extremely lucky to have the VP of Software Development respond to your questions especially when you are as abrasive as you are. Tell me what other software companies will you see the VP take time out of his busy day to help us users. Please show a little more respect.

If you are having issues we will do our best to help. Please post back and be very descriptive of your issue and please, please, please be polite and respectful with your responses.

Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,188 posts
Online Now

Steve wrote:
William wrote:

Hi William,

There has been no issues with the servers for the past few weeks. I log in every day and have no issues.

Hi William, Don't let the small down time get to you . It happens to all servers. As far as finding the file I do a search for the extension. .rsd .rcs.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.