Pause/Resume button - Post ID 265644

User 294608 Photo

5 posts

Is there anybody that knows how to add a PLAY/RESUME button to the slideshow. If I put a PLAY/STOP button the slideshow restart from the very beginning? Or maybe a mouseover effect that would pause the slide until the mouse is removed from the slide ? Anything ?
User 244626 Photo

811 posts

That appears to be a true statement. Hitting play and then stop anywhere in the slideshow progress will take you back to the very first slide. The only thing I found to come remotely close was to add a button link to the next slide which acted as follows:

Hit play, then stop, then button link to next slide, then hit play and slideshow resumes at the current slide. That though would be confusing unless the z-index settings could help ?
Bootstrap 5 CSS Grid.
User 294608 Photo

5 posts

Thanks for your reply. I guess not too many people are using this software...I don't know that important button is not available. Since I need to make my slideshow work ( a few slides have longer explanatory texts) I will just put a Previous and a Next button. The user will have to slide manually until I get an update to the software or until I find another software. Maybe the latter is a better choice....
Thanks again
User 244626 Photo

811 posts

As described in previous post....

Here is a slideshow with the stop, play, and using a button link on each slide to advance. User must reselect autoplay..
Obviously this is smoking mirrors but a pause button or a resume would be so much more helpful.

http://gluexp.coffeecup.com/slides/Padmaster%202000/
Bootstrap 5 CSS Grid.
User 294608 Photo

5 posts

I have found an much easier solution ! Got a new software which is much easier to use, with all the controls you want , totally responsive and you don't have to spend hours re-arranging the elements. The results are truly beautiful. A real WYSIWYG.
Thanks for your help.
User 244626 Photo

811 posts

Andre Briere wrote:
Is there anybody that knows how to add a PLAY/RESUME button to the slideshow. If I put a PLAY/STOP button the slideshow restart from the very beginning? Or maybe a mouseover effect that would pause the slide until the mouse is removed from the slide ? Anything ?

Yeah, its been awhile but I found out that this is a bug in the slideshow.js file so if anyone wants to have the play, pause font icons working (kinda nice feature to have) then here is the fix. It seems the icons for play and pause are referenced wrong in the bit of code used to toggle this cool feature probably undocumented anywhere. The icons are missing the "coffeecup-" before them.

So you would add a font-icon and add the classes "play" and "pause". Choose the font icon Glyph "pause" for the default.

Then edit the slideshow.js file after export and change code you find to this:

if (!mySlider.status.playing) {
$rs(" i.coffeecup-icons-pause").attr("class", "coffeecup-icons-play3");
}

$rs(" .pause, .play").click(function(e) {
var $icon;
e.preventDefault();
$icon = $rs(this).find('i');
if ($icon.hasClass('coffeecup-icons-pause')) {
$icon.attr('class', 'coffeecup-icons-play3');
return mySlider.pause();
} else {
$icon.attr('class', 'coffeecup-icons-pause');
return mySlider.play();
}
});

Now if your slideshow is not set to auto-play the icon will show play. If the slideshow is set to auto-play it will show the pause. And if you click either one it will toggle and play or pause with the correct icon showing. It also "resumes play" from the slide where it stopped....it does not take the playhead back to the first slide like the stop button does.

Previous and Next work independently and have no effect on the play or pause.

Bootstrap 5 CSS Grid.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.