Questions about Places

61 posts

Wow, this app looks great will give the test version a shot, but, some place it implied it only works with IE, any chance it will work with Firefox in the near future (I am a Firefox beta tester). Also, any chance there will be a version that works on tablets, like Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro, would be good to get an image in the email and go straight to a cloud folder rather than wait until I get home and sit at the laptop! Currently using Filezilla and Coffee Cup to support multiple websites.

Technical Guru
3,290 posts

I have moved your post as it was under the suggestions thread.

Browsers are only used when viewing posts or images, so it does not have anything to do with loading the places themselves.

As to a tablet, the tablet would need the ability to run a windows program, and I believe the only one that has that at this time is the Surface.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

61 posts

Adam East wrote:
I have moved your post as it was under the suggestions thread.

Browsers are only used when viewing posts or images, so it does not have anything to do with loading the places themselves.

As to a tablet, the tablet would need the ability to run a windows program, and I believe the only one that has that at this time is the Surface.

The question arose when looking in the Quick start
Chapter 5: Additional Information on Places

System Requirements

To use the latest version of CoffeeCup Places, the software must be installed on Windows Vista (yuck!) or Windows 7/8/8.1 with Internet Explorer 9 or higher. If you are using a 64-bit version of any of these operating systems, Places should work normally. If you experience any issues, consult this article: Is CoffeeCup Software Compatible With Windows 64-Bit?

Technical Guru
3,290 posts

Jerry Givan wrote:

The question arose when looking in the Quick start
Chapter 5: Additional Information on Places

System Requirements

To use the latest version of CoffeeCup Places, the software must be installed on Windows Vista (yuck!) or Windows 7/8/8.1 with Internet Explorer 9 or higher. If you are using a 64-bit version of any of these operating systems, Places should work normally. If you experience any issues, consult this article: Is CoffeeCup Software Compatible With Windows 64-Bit?

This is not really an issue as Windows basically forces you to have IE and it also updates it automatically now, it does not matter what default browser you have.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

25 posts

Hi:

This is going to seem like a silly question, but where does this program connect to when you link it to OneDrive or Google Drive? It logs in with my credentials, but it doesn't display anything that I know is in either of those two accounts. Instead, it displays a file and folders that I've never seen before.

Meanwhile, if I upload anything to either Drive or OneDrive, I can't find it when I'm logged in to either account via my browser.

This is one of those weird things that I'll probably figure out by accident eventually, but I was curious as to what's going on.

Thanks,

Mike

89 posts

I have a question but not about the workings of Places but of the container that you have that awesome graphic running at the top of the page!
I am working on a very similar graphic for a TraceUser program and that would make my work much easier if you could let me see what you are using for yours haha.
Doesn't hurt to ask right?:rolleyes:
hogansbassets.com
eagleeye360.com
freight360.us

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.