Pixconverter and image sizing and proportions

52 posts

Hi Guys and Girls, I have a small issue, and I'm not sure if there is some trick or tip that someone can give me on this, or if someone can point me in the right direction anyway. So I am batch converting images, pretty easy actually with pixconverter. The images I'm converting are various sizes and some portrait, some landscape layouts. Now I know how to make the images the overall size I need without distorting them, however I also need the overall image to be square, So in other words I need to add transparent sides or top and bottoms accordingly, to pad out the image, so as the image remains proportionate whether it be portrait or landscape layout but in an overall square shape..

So far the only I can seem to do this is batch convert the images to make the longest part of the image the same size as the square, and then edit the image in web image studio adding a transparent canvass to it, making it square. This works well, however is very slow and time consuming to do by hand, especially when there are several hundred images to do.

Does anyone have an idea of how to do this quicker???

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.