Music during slide show?

6 posts

I have downloaded the trial version and have been looking it over. I have a client of mine who wants me to create a photo album on her website. It needs to be able to play music in the background as the photos fade in/out. Here is an example of what she is looking for: http://www.oakwoodstudio.com/

I am not a flash developer nor do I have the time to learn it. I am hoping this product will help me out. I am a huge fan of other Coffee Cup software that I own.

I would like to know if this software is capable of doing something like this please? I tried to use the software to create something. It is straightforward to use and easy but I could not get the music to work right.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated and thanks in advance.

Thank you and God bless,
Noble

351 posts
Online Now

Yes, you can specify an audio file that will play in the background while the slide show plays.

I do think it's fair to point out that a slideshow created by CC Photo Gallery will not look quite like the example site that you've cited. When using the provided default themes, the galleries are rather limited in size and format. Manual edits can help customize them, but that requires xml knowledge.

I'd recommend downloading the trial version and see whether it will provide a satisfactory result. It is quite easy to use, so you should have no trouble evaluating it.

Senior Advisor
1,788 posts

cbrillow wrote:
I do think it's fair to point out that a slideshow created by CC Photo Gallery will not look quite like the example site that you've cited. When using the provided default themes, the galleries are rather limited in size and format. Manual edits can help customize them, but that requires xml knowledge.

You can resize the CC Photo Gallery to pretty much any size and shape you want. You can do this using the options in the program without "xml knowledge".
Also, you don't have to use any of the themes provided.
So, without a theme and the gallery placed on a neutral background, you can get something quite similar to the example given.

351 posts
Online Now

Yes, you can easily resize the gallery, itself -- the container in which the pictures are displayed.

In the example website, the images fill most of the width of my monitor, which is set at 1280 x 1024. Will CC Photo Gallery permit images to be displayed at that size?

Senior Advisor
1,788 posts

I'm not sure what the max size for the images in CCPG is. I haven't tried it at 1280x1024, but it seems to be OK at 900 wide, at least.
Something I just noticed, though, is that the image in the example resizes very nicely with the window size and resolution you are using. This would certainly be a significant difference from CC PG, where no such auto-resizing is possible!

351 posts
Online Now

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I can't find a way to view images more than (as a guess) about 600 x 480. They can be added as any size desired, but only fit in the window built by the program.

And the background seems to be limited to 999px by 999px, maximum.

Senior Advisor
1,788 posts

cbrillow wrote:
Perhaps I'm missing something, but I can't find a way to view images more than (as a guess) about 600 x 480. They can be added as any size desired, but only fit in the window built by the program.

And the background seems to be limited to 999px by 999px, maximum.

I just click on the image area and then drag the dashed border to the size I want. I seem to be limited primarily by the size of my screen, which is 1280x1024 at the moment. About 15-20% of that is taken up by the program menus (top and right), but what remains is about 1000x800 and seems to be usable for the image.

Maybe I am missing some limitation that I haven't been aware of... ;)

Senior Advisor
1,788 posts

Noble Bell wrote:
I tried to use the software to create something. It is straightforward to use and easy but I could not get the music to work right.

Noble Bell,
I have not used the music option in CCPG, but when I tried it out just now with a simple example, it seemed to work OK. (Basically, click on the "Albums" icon in the top row. This gives you a dialog box where you can specify the MP3 file you want to use...)

Maybe you could elaborate a little about the particular problems you are having?

6 posts

I think that I am getting the music added ok but when the slideshow is being played back it tries to restart the music every slide and before long you have the song playing several times at different places in the song. A limitation in the demo version?
Thank you and God bless,
Noble

351 posts
Online Now

I just click on the image area and then drag the dashed border to the size I want.
Ah, yes -- that works. Wasn't aware of this -- thanks for the tip.

The size seems to be limited to 999 x 999pixels, though. At least, that's the highest number you can enter in the background width and height.

Also, it appears that you're stuck with a 4:3 aspect ratio, as dragging the sizing handles increases both the height and width.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.