link preview image to new page

88 posts

If I could come up with a way to just have a slide show of some images ( no thumbnails, no links to new pages) just a plain simple slide show, I could work with that....I think?!

Thanks for the ideas
... so much to learn!!

1,332 posts

I've never tried it, but you might be able to just delete the image preview panel and expand the thumbnail strip to fill the space?

On the other hand that's not what the Photo Gallery was designed for, and I expect there are numerous slide show solutions out there for web pages, and I'd expect at least some of them to be freeware, if you're just looking for a slideshow.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa

Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinland.biz

Temporary User
5,410 posts

I'm pretty sure you can remove the filmstrip preview and just have the slideshow start automatically. You can prevent the image to open to a new page by disabling that option as well.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!

88 posts

I just tried doing what you suggested ( expanding the thumbnails) and it may work....maybe!! I will also look for some slide show freeware that will do what I think I want.

Thanks for all your help
... so much to learn!!

Temporary User
5,410 posts

Tom wrote:
I'm pretty sure you can remove the filmstrip preview and just have the slideshow start automatically. You can prevent the image to open to a new page by disabling that option as well.

You can. Just highlight everything below the main image and hit delete. Resize the background, and have the slideshow start automatically. Done.

88 posts

..... You can prevent the image to open to a new page by disabling that option as well. .....

How do you disable the new page option?
... so much to learn!!

Temporary User
5,410 posts

Under other options, check the checkbox called image protection.

88 posts

Thanks Tom (.. and everyone else) for all your advice. checking the image protection works and gives me what I need.

Thanks
... so much to learn!!

1,332 posts

Thanks, Tom. I got a little sidetracked and seem to have misunderstood the original intent. :/

Glad it's working out as you wanted, pk!
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa

Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinland.biz

7 posts

When you add a link to a preview image it opens in a new browser window. Is there no way of changing the xml file in order to make the link open in the same browser window.

On my website homepage I have the photo gallery and I want the images in it to link to other areas of my site. It is not a good user experience if they open in a new window.:(

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.