Suggestions for CoffeeCup Password Wizard

Temporary User
5,410 posts

Use htaccess protection and you won't have this problem.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!

1 post

I would like to auto populate the user ID so I can use a QR code to get into the site and all the person needs to do is put in their passowrd.

Senior Advisor
10,165 posts

Hiya James,

I'm not sure you can do this with WAM at all other than using an external ID & PW program. WAM doesn't have it's own built in windows for inserting ID's and/or PW, it's built upon using the ones that your browser itself creates when you try to access a site or page you don't have access to. Those pages are built into your browser rather than created by the WAM program so there's no place to save ID or PW information to be used other than your browser settings or a program to manage ID and PW insertion.
Jo Ann

http://elementsinwebdesign.com (a works still in progress)

1 post

Dear Scott,

There are some excellent suggestions here. I would add my voice to the need to be able to change the font size and spacing, aswell as the box sizes. This was first suggested in June 2010 - has there been any updates since then for Password Wizard? Surely this functionality can not be to difficult to implement?

Ben
Ben
Brisbane, Australia

516 posts

Hi

Before I go ahead with the password wizard thingy, can someone tell me if it will do what I want please.

I only want one page protected, not the whole website, so that clients can have a password then only they can log in to see the page.

Hope this makes sense.

I made a password page before in html (not coffee cup) and when you open up the source view, anyone could see the password.

Thanks
Janice

516 posts

ok just read all the forums, please ignore my previous post

Sorry
Janice

Senior Advisor
10,165 posts

Hiya Dollyrocker,

Sounds to me like you are needing the Website Access Manager rather than the Password Wizard. Take it for a spin and see if that works better for your page. :)
Jo Ann

http://elementsinwebdesign.com (a works still in progress)

3 posts

the username and password boxes do not appear on firefox or google chrome but work fine on explore. What is the problem?

67 posts

I wish PW would remember the last place where files are saved locally. It keeps trying to save my .swf and .html files in \ProgramFiles\CoffeeCupSoftware\Projects or something like that. I am not exiting the program or anything, everytime I go to save I have to navigate to the folder with my web files. I would like them saved with the rest of my webfiles that get backed up
Thanks
If you stand by,the ocean, it sounds like you are holding a conch to your ear.

Senior Advisor
8,739 posts

That is a good idea which I'll support! :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.