Lockbox


Ambassador
162 posts

Program looks good, but I'm kind of stuck about how to use it.

Just how do we get the info from the prog to the site or application in question?

Tried drag n drop but no joy. Only way seems to be a cut n paste, which seems a long winded way to do it.

??


Registered User
1 post

Having the same question. Also some of the buttons seem to be sized worn for my screen. When on the add sites page I am missing several buttons. Or at least I think I am, I see no save button and the copy button for the password side is missing??!!


VP of Software Development
27,070 posts
Online Now

Chris Hall wrote:
Program looks good, but I'm kind of stuck about how to use it.

Just how do we get the info from the prog to the site or application in question?

Tried drag n drop but no joy. Only way seems to be a cut n paste, which seems a long winded way to do it.

??

Hi

There are 2 places for information. The help file or www.coffeecup.com/lockbox

As to drag and drop, can you explain more?
"Do you want to make cool responsive website layouts? Check out Responsive Layout Maker Pro and start creating your own responsive layout design now at at http://www.coffeecup.com/responsive-layout-maker-pro/ "


VP of Software Development
27,070 posts
Online Now

Scott Rhodes wrote:
Having the same question. Also some of the buttons seem to be sized worn for my screen. When on the add sites page I am missing several buttons. Or at least I think I am, I see no save button and the copy button for the password side is missing??!!

It sounds like you are using custom DPI settings. You will need to change that back to normal.
"Do you want to make cool responsive website layouts? Check out Responsive Layout Maker Pro and start creating your own responsive layout design now at at http://www.coffeecup.com/responsive-layout-maker-pro/ "


VP of Software Development
27,070 posts
Online Now

danny guidebeck wrote:
Hi Chris and Scott-

Lockbox is a repository for UserId and passwords. It does not auto fill in the Security pop-ups that ask for ID & Passwords. It holds the information in one place so you can easily refer to it to get the information you had entered.

Scott - when you say add sites - do you mean add accounts?

DBG

LockBox will store website data, account (software keys) or pretty much anything you want to. It does not auto fill in forms.
"Do you want to make cool responsive website layouts? Check out Responsive Layout Maker Pro and start creating your own responsive layout design now at at http://www.coffeecup.com/responsive-layout-maker-pro/ "


Registered User
1 post

I downloaded LockBox, entered a user name and password, and then tried to begin entering info. All that happened was that I got an error message as soon as I hit any key saying something like "Privileged Instruction" and I could do nothing. So I tried to repair it - same result. Tried to uninstall it, but it (or bits of it) are still there in programme files, and the icon remains in the system tray.

Update: I did a fresh download of "LockBox" and re-installed it. Got an error message as install began to say LockBox was already running and I should shut it down - this after I had uninstalled it ! It then said that because of this I would need to do a restart - but the computer declined to shut down and I kept getting the error message "Privileged Instruction Version 3.0". So, in the end I hit the restart button. Once restarted all is sweetness and light, so something got really mashed somewhere, but now seems to be sorted.

I hope you all enjoyed that.
Ian S.


Registered User
2 posts

I was interested in LockBox during your 25% off and downloaded the trial. It seems fine but when I open an "Account Properties" I am unable to actually see the "Password" field.

The purpose of the software is to help you remember passwords but, if you cant see the box it doesn't help.

Yes, I have expanded the window but still the Password data entry box stays just off the right side of the window.

Please help before the discount expires.


VP of Software Development
27,070 posts
Online Now

Dale Nielsen wrote:
I was interested in LockBox during your 25% off and downloaded the trial. It seems fine but when I open an "Account Properties" I am unable to actually see the "Password" field.

The purpose of the software is to help you remember passwords but, if you cant see the box it doesn't help.

Yes, I have expanded the window but still the Password data entry box stays just off the right side of the window.

Please help before the discount expires.

The reason you cannot see the entire interface may be that you are using Large Custom DPI settings. You will need to change this to Normal DPI for the program to work. Here's how:

For Windows XP
Go to your Desktop, right-click it, and select Properties. Next, click the Settings tab and press the Advanced button. You will now see a DPI setting. If it is set to Large/120 DPI, set it to Normal/96.

For Windows Vista
Go to your Desktop, right-click it, and select Personalize. Select Adjust Font Size (DPI), located in the upper left-hand corner of the window. This will display the DPI setting. If it is set to Large/120 DPI, set it to Normal/96 DPI.

For Windows 7
Go to your Desktop, right-click it, and select Personalize. Select Display, located in the lower left-hand corner of the window. Then select Set Custom Text Size (DPI). This displays the DPI setting. If it is set to Large/120 DPI (125%), set it to Normal/96 DPI (100%).

Additionally, some Windows 7 themes change the default fonts to a nonstandard one, causing the issue described here. Change your theme back to the standard Windows 7 theme and see if that helps.

Let us know if this solves the problem. If not, feel free to get back in touch!
"Do you want to make cool responsive website layouts? Check out Responsive Layout Maker Pro and start creating your own responsive layout design now at at http://www.coffeecup.com/responsive-layout-maker-pro/ "


Registered User
2 posts

So that works however, the Windows 7 default is 125% and there is a reason I keep it at that. I am a data analyst and if I lower the DPI I will go blind reading databases and spreadsheets.

Isn't there a better way? You develop software. No other software I use has this issue. Can't you automatically scale the contents to the window?


VP of Software Development
27,070 posts
Online Now

Dale Nielsen wrote:
So that works however, the Windows 7 default is 125% and there is a reason I keep it at that. I am a data analyst and if I lower the DPI I will go blind reading databases and spreadsheets.

Isn't there a better way? You develop software. No other software I use has this issue. Can't you automatically scale the contents to the window?

Not at this time.
"Do you want to make cool responsive website layouts? Check out Responsive Layout Maker Pro and start creating your own responsive layout design now at at http://www.coffeecup.com/responsive-layout-maker-pro/ "

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.