Importing html files - images mapped...

User 2120641 Photo

3 posts

Hello,

I use Dreamweaver for uploading to my site, but my husband does the mapping of all the old large class photos so on mouseover the names appear.

I upgraded his laptop to Windows 7 from Vista and I replaced my machine with a Windows 7 from XP. Yikes... we discovered that an old program we have been using for over a year, MapEdit does not work properly on our machines now. So I bought two versions of your Image Mapper as it says it's supports Windows 7. It looks better and easier to use than MapEdit did anyways but.....

The problem...I can't seem to open files previously mapped in MapEdit which is confusing as I can open them with Dreamweaver no problem. There is no default program set to open the html files, just Explorer. If I move the files out of the MapEdit folder, it makes no difference... If I open the html file locally on my machine, and look at the source, the map codes are still all there, so what am I doing wrong? Where do I need to put all the photos and html files so that the file association works and they will open in Image Mapper? Please don't say I have to do them all over, we have almost 10 photos with 300-600 faces in each!

See this link for what we do:

http://www.photos.thepenvro.com/Class-1958-Large.html

Thanks, Lauren
User 2120641 Photo

3 posts

OK, if I open the files with Notepad and change the path-file associations and/or run them through DW and do the same,then I can open them. But I don't see where I have the option of nohref title which I need as I don't have a URL to open when the cursor runs over the face. EG below....

<area shape="circle" alt="02 Elizabeth Wilson" coords="677,210,35" nohref title="02 Elizabeth Wilson" />

PS... no way to edit html code in Image Mapper view?

Thanks....
User 345577 Photo

373 posts

Sorry, can't help with this one. And no, it's not relevant, but -- Lauren, are you from New Orleans area?
User 2120641 Photo

3 posts

Hi Chuck,

I'm in the UK

Don't the tech help monitor this forum if they don't see peer to peer help given? Do I have to directly contact Support?

:| L
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We try to monitor the forums as best as we can, but if you need technical support, the fastest way to get help is to always contact us directly.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.