Theme - Post ID 239385

User 525688 Photo

9 posts

I want to do a themed layout. Not liking any of the themes that come with CC, I downloaded one of the ones I had to pay for. It shows up in my computer files, and I have tried moving it to several places, but no matter what I do, I can't get CC to apply it. So then I tried just using one of the ones that is already installed, and I can't apply any of those either. Even when I start with a themed layout before doing anything else to the page, I can't get the theme to apply. What am I doing wrong?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Karen Ruff wrote:
I want to do a themed layout. Not liking any of the themes that come with CC, I downloaded one of the ones I had to pay for. It shows up in my computer files, and I have tried moving it to several places, but no matter what I do, I can't get CC to apply it. So then I tried just using one of the ones that is already installed, and I can't apply any of those either. Even when I start with a themed layout before doing anything else to the page, I can't get the theme to apply. What am I doing wrong?

First you double-click to install the CCT (theme file). You then start a new Website Project based on a theme and this is where you select the theme. That is how you start using a new theme. Once done, you then start adding your content.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.