the html editor - Post ID 226151

User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

I'm pretty sure CC has an HTML5 photo gallery however you must have a S-Drive to use it. This is not a solution for me as I run and sell my own server accounts. If they could tweak this photo gallery to work without S-Drive I would definatly buy it.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 603315 Photo

938 posts

Steve wrote:
I'm pretty sure CC has an HTML5 photo gallery however you must have a S-Drive to use it. This is not a solution for me as I run and sell my own server accounts. If they could tweak this photo gallery to work without S-Drive I would definatly buy it.

Me too Steve, how hard can that be? I don't really understand it. I don't use S-drive so it's no use to me but hey if your listening CC and we know you are :lol: have it mainstream
User 289442 Photo

161 posts

Hey this is outta context in a way, but goes back to some of the original OPs on this thread. I've been a CoffeeCup customer/user since the original public release of the Editor. I've had, I think, six different accounts under different names. The present one about five or six years (maybe less). I've made minor comments about the change from life long free upgrades, had small discussion with Scott about it, commented about life time of the Editor and such.

But, guys and gals, get freaking over it. Times and business models change. I want CoffeeCup to stay in business. No, I don't agree with everything they're done. But, they have done more things right than wrong! I've been around since before "gropher" my first, more or less, browser was Mosaic when first released. Of all the companies, here, now and gone, CC is still the friendliest, and offers the best support I've received in all those years. Period!

AND, if you don't want to pay for the upgrade -- then, PLEASE, just use a text editor (note pad works), or if feeling adventurous, one of the free, more appealing text editors such as EditPad. Want to be a bit more fancy? Then load/install one of the server setups on your PC to use as a test bed, such as: WAMP, XAMMP and several others. All great ways to develop sites.

Rant Over..... Man, that felt goooooooooood!!!!! CUL

TomH
User 289442 Photo

161 posts

Oh, and PS regarding the HTML Editor for Scott and Company at CC:

Port the HTML Editor (if not other CC software) to Linux.

I may be only speaking for a few people, but I know for a fact I'm speaking for more than two!

Tomh
User 603315 Photo

938 posts

TomH wrote:
Hey this is outta context in a way, but goes back to some of the original OPs on this thread. I've been a CoffeeCup customer/user since the original public release of the Editor. I've had, I think, six different accounts under different names. The present one about five or six years (maybe less). I've made minor comments about the change from life long free upgrades, had small discussion with Scott about it, commented about life time of the Editor and such.

But, guys and gals, get freaking over it. Times and business models change. I want CoffeeCup to stay in business. No, I don't agree with everything they're done. But, they have done more things right than wrong! I've been around since before "gropher" my first, more or less, browser was Mosaic when first released. Of all the companies, here, now and gone, CC is still the friendliest, and offers the best support I've received in all those years. Period!

AND, if you don't want to pay for the upgrade -- then, PLEASE, just use a text editor (note pad works), or if feeling adventurous, one of the free, more appealing text editors such as EditPad. Want to be a bit more fancy? Then load/install one of the server setups on your PC to use as a test bed, such as: WAMP, XAMMP and several others. All great ways to develop sites.

Rant Over..... Man, that felt goooooooooood!!!!! CUL

TomH

I think your right TomH in best part, but if people are like me and don't want to pay for this upgrade why leave CC? The upgrade of the HTML editor to v14 is not a big enough jump to my eyes apart from one app, I've tried it out and there's very little difference between them. However in time when there is more upgrades there maybe things that really are of benefit to me personally, but I'm not leaving CC. On your Linux point, count that 3 :cool: I've used Linux on the PC for goodness knows how long and it would be good to have the editor on there, even a scaled down one would be good..
User 289442 Photo

161 posts

G'kar wrote:
TomH wrote:
Hey this is outta context in a way,

TomH

I think your right TomH in best part, but if people are like me and don't want to pay for this upgrade why leave CC? The upgrade of the HTML editor to v14 is not a big enough jump to my eyes apart from one app, I've tried it out and there's very little difference between them. However in time when there is more upgrades there maybe things that really are of benefit to me personally, but I'm not leaving CC. On your Linux point, count that 3 :cool: I've used Linux on the PC for goodness knows how long and it would be good to have the editor on there, even a scaled down one would be good..

G'kar, you're right. I should not have left out to just skip the upgrade and keep on using one of the recent ( or older ) HTML Editors until CC produces one that you might consider worth the upgrade. From all I can gleam from these forums is that the hinted at software with combined Editor and RLM aspects is in the works. Whether I get the RLM when it is finally released will depend a good bit on the pricing. But a software package(?) combining both the best of the Editor and RLM would be an immediate purchase by me (and I would patiently download the ongoing tweaks and corrections as CC cleaned up the code errors missed in Alfa and Beta).

TomH
User 603315 Photo

938 posts

TomH wrote:
G'kar wrote:
TomH wrote:
Hey this is outta context in a way,

TomH

G'kar, you're right. I should not have left out to just skip the upgrade and keep on using one of the recent ( or older ) HTML Editors until CC produces one that you might consider worth the upgrade. From all I can gleam from these forums is that the hinted at software with combined Editor and RLM aspects is in the works. Whether I get the RLM when it is finally released will depend a good bit on the pricing. But a software package(?) combining both the best of the Editor and RLM would be an immediate purchase by me (and I would patiently download the ongoing tweaks and corrections as CC cleaned up the code errors missed in Alfa and Beta).

TomH

Yes you and me both. It will be an interesting period when these things come into operation. If there hadn't been the RLM in the works I might of upgraded but although it was nominal fee, I don't have the finances so all purchases have to be thought out first and of course I have to discuss them with the better half :lol:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.