Tab stops - Post ID 233485

User 4593 Photo

2 posts

This thread underlines the major flaw, IMO, with Coffee Cup applications. There is basically no instructions (help) for any of the applications. You're just about on your own. In the past one could get prompt and good response via e-mail. Guess with the growth of the number of applications, they just don't have time to respond like they did in the past.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hi Al,

Your comment is completely not true. There is lots of instructions for all apps that CC sells. The forums are full of helpful people and even the VP of Software Development pops in once in a while to answer questions. Is there something in particular you are looking for help with?

CC support is extraordinary! You will always get a response. If you can't find the answer here and there is a major flaw of an existing program just open a support ticket and CC will be glad to help.

I challenge you to find any forum or software support then CC!

Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Al Avant wrote:
This thread underlines the major flaw, IMO, with Coffee Cup applications. There is basically no instructions (help) for any of the applications. You're just about on your own. In the past one could get prompt and good response via e-mail. Guess with the growth of the number of applications, they just don't have time to respond like they did in the past.

That statement Al is completely an exaggeration. I took a look at your account and here are the support tickets you have opened since you first became a customer. As you can see by the response times, we are give exceptional support. The forums however are not the way to reach support. Forms are for user to user communication.

Oct 5th, 2013 at 09:30 PM we replied Oct 5th, 2013 at 09:31 PM
Jan 12th, 2012 at 11:26 AM we replied Jan 12th, 2012 at 01:51 PM
Jun 22nd, 2011 at 02:00 PM we replied Jun 22nd, 2011 at 02:02 PM
Mar 22nd, 2007 at 07:16 PM we replied Mar 22nd, 2007 at 07:26 PM
Jan 30th, 2005 at 04:03 PM we replied Jan 31st, 2005 at 03:00 PM

If you require a response from us, just open a support ticket like you have in the past. It is that easy.

You will find quite easily countless ways to get information for all of our programs. We have Quick Start Guides, Knowledge Base Articles, How-To's and even videos. It only takes a moment to find them and if you cannot, simply as us how to accomplish something and we can help.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2370500 Photo

3 posts

Back to the erratic tab stops.

I'm running the current version of HTML Editor (V 15, B 769) and the tab stops are still not useful.

With Auto indent, smart tab and smart fill checked, block indent step size set to 4, tab columns set to 4 and tab stop set to 4, I get the following result:
action------resulting cursor position
new line---2
tab----------3
tab----------13
tab----------15
tab----------38
tab----------42
tab----------43
tab----------45 (and so on)

Unchecking the smart tab results in no change.

Subsequent line returns indent properly but tabs on the same line revert to the above pattern.

When I change the tab spaces to a larger value, 12 for example, when the end position is between 2 of the positions noted above, the cursor is automatically moved to the right most value.

So, my question is - how do we stop this aberrant cursor positioning? Can we clear these obviously psychotic tab stops that kidnap any cursor in their vicinity?

Thanks,
Mike

User 2843477 Photo

5 posts

I've been following the advice from this thread and another one on tab setups. My HTML documents are fine, but CSS felt tricky to setup at first. Is there a way for the program to retain your tab stop on an auto complete?

For example, if I were start styling a class and my first attribute is color, then my next is something else, if it's making a code suggestion and I hit "enter", then it immediately left-justifies the code instead of staying on the tab spacing I setup.

So, when I'm manually entering code, life is great. When I do an autocomplete, it flushes all completed text to the left and I have to go back and tab it back. Make sense?

I have auto indent set to on and smart tab is set to off, as it appeared to have a mind of its own with regards to CSS styling for readability.

Oddly, it was working as I wanted it to for only a day, but then after a restart, it's doing what it pleases at this point with style sheet documents. But everything else is okay.

Suggestions? Is it a bug, or do I need help with settings?

Derek Neuts
Oregon City, OR
User 2843477 Photo

5 posts

Quick update:

Oddly, I restarted CC HTML Editor and reloaded a project, worked on CSS, and now it's doing what it's supposed to do. No changes in the preferences, but it seems like sometimes it's working, sometimes it's not, as it hasn't been consistent. Screenshot attached showing an editing of the options for Stylesheets only.
Attachments:

Derek Neuts
Oregon City, OR

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.