itemprop="url" - Post ID 223458

User 2618248 Photo

4 posts

I am just breaking into Semantic Markup and have been 'OK' with it. There is one thing I cannot seem to get right (there likely will be more than one but this is it at this point). In the Editor instructions, there is an example using the url itemprop. Here it is:
<p>
<span itemprop="url"> For more information, visit http://www.coffeecup.com/responsive-layout-maker </span>
</p>

It will display the sentence contained in the <span> but I want that to be a link as well. I want the user to click on it and get directed to that page. Anything I do to make it a link causes the Google structured data tester to ignore it. Even better if the new page opened in an iframe.

Thanks and happy New Year
Jack

P.S. Interesting ... when I put the Editor itemprop in this post, it became and worked as a link. Exactly what I want. But when I copied it and put it on my webpage, it appeared only as text and did not function as a link!
User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

I am not an expert in this but you have not written the html code to make a link.
<a href="..........">.........</a>

Keith
User 2618248 Photo

4 posts

Thanks Keith. And that is the way to do it. But, I left out something didn't present the problem correctly. I am going to re-post with a better description of what I am trying to do.
Jack

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.