HTML Editor 2010 SE vs 14.1

User 601913 Photo

1 post

Team, I have HTML Editor 2010 SE and would like to know the differences between mine and the 14.1 version. Sorry, I cannot notice them just by seeing the new version page.
Thank you in advance!
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Well,

There is about 4 years of changes that you have missed out on. :P

You can find out change logs here http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/html-ed … ange-logs/

Time to update!
User 2681630 Photo

1 post

Although a web form might be better, I prefer a simple string of html code in order to generate an "emailme" link on my web page--- at least for the moment.

I don't want to spend time with a study of web form creation just now.

Would possibly, just maybe, someone might provide me with such a sample? My email is ... *removed email for security reasons* ...

I would greatly appreciate some help as regards this matter.
Regards/Bill Allbritton
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Bill,

If you're referring to just adding a link to your page so that people can email you that would be like this:

<p>
This is an email link:
<a href="mailto:someone@example.com?Subject=Hello%20again" target="_top">
Send Mail</a>
</p>

You can alter the code above to put your own email address in place of the someone@example.com and also can alter the info after the Subject= where it says Hello %20 again, and the Send Mail can be whatever you want the text to say.

You can see this code live here:
http://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp … tml_mailto

P.S. I have removed your email address so you don't get spammed at it. The forums here are fully open to Google searches so any personal information should stay off the forums so that the rest of the world doesn't get ahold of it and exploit it on you. :)

Good luck on your site! :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.