FTP upload keyboard shortcut...

User 2166718 Photo

7 posts

Hello there, maybe I'm missing the obvious but I'd like to know if there is a FTP upload shortcut other than the F4 one.
F4 uploads the selected file from the side bar, but the selected file isn't always necessarily the file you are currently working on and need to upload and test - so is there a shortcut to upload the current file/active tab? Or a way to define custom shortcuts? This would speed up workflow massively as often I'm working on multiple PHP and HTML files simultaneously and it's always a break in the flow to have to scroll through various folders and files in the tree structure to select a file to upload.

If not, it'd be a nice feature to have as just quickly pressing F4 to upload is nice and easy, but would be much better to have another simple shortcut which uploads the current active tab/file too.
User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

That is a really good point, I quite often get caught by pressing F4 which uploads another file and not the one I am working on.

Keith
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Well there used to be a good setup in the program for the shortcut keys list, but even the one in the online help area isn't complete anymore so I'm not sure if they have added one for this or not with the new version. I don't "think" they did, but that doesn't mean they didn't lol.

The current list of what they have isn't for the new version as the current one was done in Sept. 2013 and that one isn't complete either. Doesn't even show the F4 shortcut on the list so I'm sure it's missing others too. You can find that list here if you want to look it over:
http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … shortcuts/

The descriptions says it's a complete list, but it's definitely not complete. Maybe the CC guys will see this and check that over to get it updated :P

Having said all that, there has never been a key to upload the "current open" page that you're working on, it has always only been the highlighted page or pages as it can do more than one at a time. Would be great to see this feature implemented as it's been asked for before a good handful of times. I think people give up after a couple of years of trying to get a feature when it's still not added so I haven't seen anyone ask for it for a while, but it was definitely something asked for before.

I would suggest that you put it into the suggestions forum for the HTML editor and put your 2 cents in so they know people are still interested in that feature. Good luck with it and sorry I couldn't give you better news on it. :)
User 2166718 Photo

7 posts

Keith W Jones wrote:
That is a really good point, I quite often get caught by pressing F4 which uploads another file and not the one I am working on.

Keith

Yeh the amount of time I've done that, then refreshed the page to see the changes and wonder why nothing happens! Or worse, when using PHP and I fix an error and press F4, refresh and still see the error then try to fix it again only later to realise I've been uploading the wrong file all along!

Jo Ann wrote:
Having said all that, there has never been a key to upload the "current open" page that you're working on, it has always only been the highlighted page or pages as it can do more than one at a time. Would be great to see this feature implemented as it's been asked for before a good handful of times. I think people give up after a couple of years of trying to get a feature when it's still not added so I haven't seen anyone ask for it for a while, but it was definitely something asked for before

I did notice you can right click on the page you're working on and select "Upload to Server" and the dialogue box shows it's uploading the current file you're on, yet when I refresh the page I see no changes unless I re-upload it using F4!
I will add it to the suggestion forum too.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.