CSS Menu colors change - Post ID 100395

User 198144 Photo

16 posts

I had a nice DHTML menu that I liked, gone now and the CSS Menu thingy is not cooperating AT ALL. I read all the posts on centering the menu, that's one issue, but the worse thing is the (mis)behavior of the menu items on hover and flyout.

I understand that the file menu-menu.css must be edited - the Menu Designer has inadequate controls to produce the simple effects I want. However, I do not understand the CSS coding and I am not eager to get a book and learn all that - I thought I could avoid all that tedium with Coffeecup software! Maybe not?

I don't know the meaning of the terms used in the parameters of the "display" attribute in the menu-menu.css file, for one thing. Block? None? Inherit?

What I need to do is have the menu items display as light boxes with dark text, then flip to dark boxes with light text on hover, and the sub menus fly out on hover. It's not happening. Now the top levels have gone to default link/visited link colors, and the subs show nothing (text and background are same color). I don't want the "visited link" color change at all - it's not relevant on my page.

I have the menu file set up as a 'SSI includes' file as described in the forums. That took some fiddling but seems okay now. It's just that the included file is junky.

My site is www.thechristiancompass.com if someone would like to see the menu problem as I have it now. I have no more ideas on how to fix it - I need just two colors, and to flip colors on hover. Can someone help me with this?

BTW, please excuse the disorder & bad links on my site; I am trying to redo it and need that menu to work first and foremost.

Thanks!
User 198144 Photo

16 posts

Oh, just realized that the menu works not at all in IE - I am using Firefox, so had not checked IE until just now.

Forget about my question, I am just not going to use this menu for now - I can't get it right with all that I don't know about it.

Thanks anyhow.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

You can still find the DHTML menu among the progs here:
http://www.coffeecup.com/freestuff/
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.