RFF and Flexbox question - Post ID...

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Inger wrote:
Ray wrote:

I know you have been VERY busy so thanks for taking the time to reply again.
Ray

Oh, so you are following the goings-on over in that other thread, are you? :lol: I guess there will be more followers - mainly out of curiosity!

:) Yes. By the way I may have the Aha moment as they say or in my case Aha hour will post so you and Jeff can see if I really figured it out :rolleyes:
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Jeff, Inger and Frank - Here is the update - Yes it is Aha moment-hour-hours BUT got it to work :D The brain freeze seems to have been setting the % or size for each container. Kept it to 9 images but may add more later.
http://www.kstravelnj.com/alaska-railroad.html Still have to add the copyright and permissions we were granted but wanted you to see I finally got it.
Thanks all for the help it is something that hopefully will stick in my brain now. :)

Ray ( Now I could use a vacation) :D
Ray aka Kreations
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

That page looks brilliant, Ray! You got that collection of images really nicely displayed!
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Inger wrote:
That page looks brilliant, Ray! You got that collection of images really nicely displayed!

Thank you Inger coming from you that means a lot, it took me long enough and Flexbox is the way to go. Maybe one day my wife and I will visit Norway and say hello.
Thanks again, now on to the next page :)
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 2706435 Photo

Ambassador
444 posts

Instead of percentage sizes, you can use a flex basis size (which can be a percentage also). This determines the size of each element to be used for wrapping and distribution (there is a bug right now in RSD that CC knows about in that if a container is given a flex property, space around and space between do not behave properly - columns are OK though).

For instance instead of setting the image size to a percentage, you can set the flex basis to a pixel size, so you can have some control over elements right in the flexbox, through the built in breakpoints. If you have a column that is flex direction row, wrap, space around and elements of flex basis 300 px, you will have 1 element in the row direction until 599px, then 2 elements until 899, then 3 elements at 900, and 3 elements only until you get to 1199, then at 1200, the 4th element will wrap up with the 3 previous elements. It might not be the behavior your are looking for, but always consider using flax basis when using the flexbox model. If you set the flex box basis size to 33%, then you would only have 3 elements per column wrap line for all breakpoints (until changed).
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Bill G.
Thank you for the excellent info I will print in the morning and keep for future use. All your input is appreciated.
Thank you,
Ray
Ray aka Kreations

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.