HTML on RFF - Post ID 272193

User 418919 Photo

249 posts

I've made the forms with WFB 2.9. I've moved the HTML component into the page but it says it's not visible.When I tried to view it in the Preview mode, it's not there. Is it really there & I just don't see it? I'm assuming that it lengthens the page automatically to contain the form.
Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That would be correct. You will not see it locally or in preview. You need to publish your website after following these instructions:

http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … -designer/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 418919 Photo

249 posts

Woo-hoo, I did it all by myself then - just didn't know it. I didn't want to publish it until I get it finished but if you say it's there, it's there. You da man!
User 418919 Photo

249 posts

Do I need to specify that the Class is html-element-1
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Barbara Thompson wrote:
Woo-hoo, I did it all by myself then - just didn't know it. I didn't want to publish it until I get it finished but if you say it's there, it's there. You da man!

I can confirm with Scott on this I did the same as you couldn't see it but then I remembered PHP files can't be viewed in FF locally so I did theftp thingy and boom there it was: no worries about doing the ftp because later any changes I made were overwritten when I FTP'd it again

You can give the html element any class you like,, any other html elements you do give them a different class name if you want to change the styling
Wayan in Sunny Bali
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 418919 Photo

249 posts

So it's okay to NOT specify any class?
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Barbara Thompson wrote:
So it's okay to NOT specify any class?

FF will provide a class once you do some style changes,,

Not really good practice in your markup to not assign a class name to an element
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 418919 Photo

249 posts

I'll have several different html codes. Should they be different from html-element-1's?
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Barbara Thompson wrote:
I'll have several different html codes. Should they be different from html-element-1's?

If you want to have different styling to the other html elements then you can either
1/ give the html elements the same class then apply a unique ID to each one and then when making different styling select the "apply to" section to ID that will then apply different styling to that one html element only

2/ Give the html element a different class name and then apply the styling you require

With class names basically if you want any of the same elements (eg header1, text, paragraph images etc) which you want to have the same styling in your pages,, (EXAMPLE you want a paragraph or text or header to be a red colour with font size 40 italic arial ) then if you apply the class name to that element as say "XXXXXX-red-40-italic" then any other of the same element you name the class as "XXXXXX-red-40-italic" that you place in any of your pages will follow the styling you set up for the first one.

Hope thats clear,, difficult to explain really,, just open a new project and try it our using same class names on some stuff and see what happens once you have done a couple it will become cleared
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.