Hand-tweaking is an option too! -...

User 2684790 Photo

31 posts

Thanks Jeff, yes and Frank did explain it too, and this makes sense. IF this css is loaded at least, and so it will override foundation.css and wireframe.css

It remains a pity. that you can't get grip on the foundation.css with all the reset.css styles inside. All you can do is. override existing rules, not the best way.

@Wayan, you asked why an external css would make sense, and I replied to this.

Thanks to you all :)
Made in Germany
User 2684790 Photo

31 posts

Hi Frank,
I added a custom.css file like you described. It is a simple change for testpurpose only.. body.main-grid { background: #000; }. I see this change in browser preview.

But I don't see the changed color in Foundation Framer. So this all is very useless. If I don't see changes, I can't work with them in FF. That you can see animations only in browser, okay, that is a generally thing, and has nothing to do with an added css file. Also, when I save as project and reopen this project, the changed background-color is not visible. So how should this workflow help, while I develop the website? Or am I missing something?

Made in Germany
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I agree that one doesn't see any visual screen changes of a custom CSS file in the RFF canvas in Preview mode, and that is a limitation. As you say, one does see it if one uses 'Preview on...'.

Not all changes via custom CSS files are necessarily visual screen changes. My print.css files, for example, are not.

I regularly export to a local hard drive, and use the CoffeeCup HTML Editor for editing custom CSS files. That means that, if in HTML Editor I also keep open the local copy of the page in question, I can view the effects of the custom CSS editing immediately (F12 or F9 in Windows).

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.