Having to discontinue Firestarter

VP of Software Development
27,290 posts

UPDATE: *** The issue with Adobe has been resolved Firestarter is no longer Discontinued. If you have any questions please post on this thread. Happy Firestarting! ***

The latest update to Adobe Flash Player has been breaking websites made with Firestarter. We have been taking this issue very seriously, and after carefully studying the documentation on this update (or lack thereof), it appears that this is a major issue that would require a pretty big re-write of the software to correct. It turns out that it's not something that's going to be as easily addressed as we had originally hoped.

It has been our long-term goal to move away from Flash in favor of HTML/CSS programs, so we have decided that it is not feasible to fix Firestarter and have decided to discontinue it. It's a sad day for us, because Firestarter is one of our oldest programs. It's like losing an old friend...

However, we're determined not to disappoint anyone who recently invested in this program. If you've purchased the program within the last 30 days, you're eligible for a full refund . If you've purchased the software between 30 days and six months ago, you can exchange Firestarter for any program of your choice (for free) along with 3 free months of the S-Drive Webbie plan subscription. Please open a support ticket to request a refund or exchange.

We sincerely apologize for any troubles this may have caused you.
"Do you want to make cool responsive website layouts? Check out Responsive Layout Maker Pro and start creating your own responsive layout design now at at http://www.coffeecup.com/responsive-layout-maker-pro/ "

Temporary User
5,410 posts

Too bad. It is sad when one program updates and breaks another. But, it happens. Nice of CoffeeCup to offer the refund and program exchange.

But I have to ask, is it any other program of their choosing or one of equal value? Because that's a sweet deal if it's any program. :)
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!

27,290 posts

While I think it is reasonable to ask that something of equal value is chosen, we want to do things right by our customers so we are allowing any program to be selected.
"Do you want to make cool responsive website layouts? Check out Responsive Layout Maker Pro and start creating your own responsive layout design now at at http://www.coffeecup.com/responsive-layout-maker-pro/ "

Temporary User
5,410 posts

On another note, Suzanne leaves Scott in charge of the office and look what happens... :lol:
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!

10 posts

Thank you for the update. My purchase of Firestarter falls outside the parameters listed. Since you are moving towards HTML/CSS programs, I can only assume that Firstarter will not be replaced by another program. If you are planning on replacing it I am sure it will be down the road a bit. Is there another program that you could or would recommend for producing FLASH objects for websites? Thank you for your time.

27,290 posts

Tomalicious wrote:
On another note, Suzanne leaves Scott in charge of the office and look what happens... :lol:

I know where you live Tom... .;)

11 posts

This is bad news for me as I have used Firestarter on 6 different websites so far. I n ow have the hassle of fixing all these websites and will probably have to purchase alternative software to do this.
I am currently completing a website for a client who is asking why the flash show is not working.
My purchase was over 6 months ago also, so where does that leave me?
Is there any other alternative for me?

Senior Advisor
8,927 posts

You can convert your swf files to a video format and show them as such by using html5 'native video'.

You'll have to google which video formats can be used.

11 posts

We care about our customers. When you buy our software, you get support for life.

You probably need to edit the above quote on your homepage!

27,290 posts

Why do you say that Rob? You don't think the refund or exhanage is fair?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.