Coffee cup file upload (FTP) - Post...

User 507687 Photo

Trial User
2 posts

I am new to this editor but like it and will buy it IF I can figure out the following. I have the FTP working but it does not upload files in the proper hierarchy. It uploads all files to the web root folder on the server.

How can I get the editor to observe the hierarchy of directories and files without manually typing in each directory name?

Thanks
User 484408 Photo

63 posts

I am also new to CC and used Filezilla to upload my website to Hostpapa without any issues. I had a choice of which files to upload and into which directory on my new web site.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

jimryan

The CoffeeCup HTML Editor uploads a single page at a time, uploading the current open page. You will need to setup each or your site folders in the editor.

CoffeeCup also makes Direct FTP and that program can upload files and folders to your website.

There are also several free FTP programs. Be careful when you get a free one to be sure it will stay free. I had one that was free for about 90 days, then started asking for me to register. I then looked for a better free option, and among the free options, there is a CoffeeCup Free FTP and I also use Filezilla.
User 507687 Photo

Trial User
2 posts

Well, thank you.

I have been using a 6 year old copy of Dreamweaver, which I don't particularly like. A handy capability of it is it does maintain the site hierarchy so one never has to use additional software or remember to specify a particular folder on the server.

Oh well.
User 109472 Photo

10 posts

When using Free FTP to upload a form built with Coffeecup Web Forms Builder, the color that should surround the SUBMIT button is missing. This is consistent. I just uploaded about 70 pages and they are all missing the color box. I can fix this by simply logging into the FTP server direct and doing a drag and drop from the folder located on my hard drive. Once it finishes moving the files, the color box is there.
User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

Coffeecup HTML editor does a perfect job of maintaining hierarchy.

Lot quicker than using standalone product.

Keith

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.