Cannot upload - Post ID 268766

User 493807 Photo

131 posts

EIDT: Oops, title was supposed to be "Can't Upload"

This may be an issue on my service provider end but thought Id ask here also,
When I upload a file in DirectFTP It either won't upload at all and I will get some type of error stating that I lost connection to the host or something like that. Or, the file will upload but be 0kb and if I refresh the folder, the file is gone.

I have managed to get the files to upload but I have to exit DFTP, reopen, upload one file, then repeat. And these are small files, less than a 1000K. I'm not sure what is going on. Sometimes I can get a file to upload by refreshing the window, then try again and it will upload but I can;t get a second file to upload unless I wait a few minutes, refresh, (usually I have to close the program then re-open) Then try again and I can get a second file to upload.

I have tried all 3 transfer modes and doesn't make a difference. I am up to date on the current version of DirectFTP.

Any suggestions? thanks

When you speak - You repeat what you already know.
When you listen - You learn.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

Has this problem started recently, and everything has been ok before?
Have you made any changes to the connection recently?
Can you try another ftp client, such as e.g. FileZilla? If you then have the same problems, it must be something with the server.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 493807 Photo

131 posts

It seems to be a new issue. Most of what I transfer before would be a pic or 2, and didn't seem to have an issue. But now I am trying out the Responsive site Designer and I have to transfer all the files manually. When I first tried I simply did a mass copy paste. All the folders were created, but none of the files transferred. So now I am trying to get individual files to transfer.

Shopping cart seems to transfer everything OK, although I will have an issue with a pic once in a while. I will try FileZilla and see what happens.

User 493807 Photo

131 posts

Couldn't get Filezilla to work, so I downloaded Cute FTP free trial. Uploaded everything in one shot - not problem over 40 files in less than 5 min.

CuteFTP has some nice features.

User 493807 Photo

131 posts

On a side note, Shopping cart has a problem uploading images.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.