vsd_tmpdir\files\ File Not Found -...

User 192897 Photo

325 posts

I have seen this before and checked multiple threads here for a solution that works, nothing yet, any other suggestions? I deleted then re-added the file, sync'd my site, renamed the file, reloaded from a backup and started the changes from a fresh version. Nothing works. I still get the not found in the vsd_tmpdir. It's an old site, but a thousand images. I am trying to add a few more pictures.

I haven't tried deleting all the files on the vsd_tmpdir yet, is that an option?
There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress. MARK TWAIN

www.juliekushner.com
www.beercoastermania.com
www.phi-scsc.com
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hi George,

As time goes on issues will become much greater with this software. This is very old and discontinued. My suggestion would be to move away from it all together. Have you thought about trying out RSD? This is a better solution going forward.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 192897 Photo

325 posts

Hi Steve, I am not developing any new sites at this point. Just maintaining a few older ones. Anything new i would look to RSD to provide the solution.
There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress. MARK TWAIN

www.juliekushner.com
www.beercoastermania.com
www.phi-scsc.com
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Sorry to tell you George as I am in the same boat right now. I have a handful of clients that I build websites for many years ago built in VSD. I am currently in the process of changing them over to RSD because VSD is no longer being supported. At this point the software is a use at your own risk. If there is nothing in the forums about this you may be out of luck. I do know that Coffeecup will not take any support tickets on it.

That being said, have you tried saving as to a different location. Also try to publish to a different folder on your server and see if it does the same thing.

Last thing, try uninstalling and reinstalling VSD.

Short of that I am afraid your on your own.

Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 192897 Photo

325 posts

Not sure if this totally solves the problem but i copied all of the missing files to the "vsd_tmpdir" directory. This seems to work in the short term but not sure of the long term aspect of this fix. Anyone know? Will this come back to haunt me if I move to a new PC?

www.juliekushner.com
www.beercoastermania.com
www.phi-scsc.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.