http://web-design-software-review.topte … eview.html

Replaced by what?
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hi there Melissa,

From what I understand there will be no updates to this software as CC is steering more towards responsive web design.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Will that be a software program?

I'm at a very basic level with web design, and when I need a quick easy web page, without having to pay someone to do it, I use VSD. So how will it work after this?

Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

There will be no further updates to VSD. Visual Site Designer builds websites using "absolute positioning". This means everything has a fixed place within your page and cannot adjust based on the viewer’s device size (desktop, tablet, mobile phone etc.). Absolute positioning does not allow for a fluid design. design.

Responsive Layout Maker solves one of the biggest challenges in responsive design, having a flexible core which can adapt based on the viewer’s screen size. In a nutshell, Responsive Layout Maker creates a responsive prototype website (called a layout). You build the structure of your website in Responsive Layout Maker and then export to any code editor to add your final content.

If you have not done so yet, we also have a bunch of articles on RLM to help you get more familiar with how the software works. Our Quick Start Guide is very helpful when getting started with Responsive Layout Maker. We recommend taking a look at it as it explains many different parts of RLM.

If your traffic statistics are leaning towards mobile traffic, we really suggest you dive into the responsive waters now. With Responsive Layout Maker along with the Quick Start Guide, some helpful videos and other tutorials will help you master this critical aspect web design. We recommend taking a look at it as it explains many different parts of Responsive Layout Maker. It will also allow you to hit the ground running when our Responsive Site Designer program is released (Responsive Site Designer will be able to import RLM layouts).
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

Melissa Rhiannon wrote:
I'm at a very basic level with web design, and when I need a quick easy web page, without having to pay someone to do it, I use VSD. So how will it work after this?

Melissa, if you take the time to learn Responsive Layout Maker and also learn about how responsive programming works, I think you will really enjoy how easy it makes web site programming.

There will be a learning curve, but, trust me, it's worth it! Not only will you be creating web sites, you will be creating web sites that look great on desktop computers, tablets, and phones all at the same time.

And don't forget you are not alone in it. Other users of various programming levels are here to help answer questions and provide guidance.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including personal or group training for Site Designer, Web Form Builder and more via Zoom.
Email me at support@uscni.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Guys, I don't even know how to design a site with the old absolute positioning. We had someone design http://DenverProcessServers.net/ for us, and paid them, and I've been maintaining and editing it ever since. This is so far over my head, it's not funny.
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

OMG, and $150 too... :o
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Don't panic Melissa! After all is said and done, VSD WILL NOT stop working. You'll still be able to edit and update your current web site just like you are now...there just won't be any new improvements to VSD. Keep going with your current website and VSD and all should be good. Let us know if you need any help changing anything. Good people here.

That said...think about the future. Web design is changing and businesses that want to stay in the lead need to change with the times. That $150 may look steep, but for what it does it's really not. What did you pay someone to design your current web site? What will you pay someone to make changes if you cannot make them?

Current trends show that if your site is not responsive then you are losing business. Your site has to look good on a desktop, tablet and phone because you never know what your potential customer is going to use! It's coming...don't be left behind!

Now, back to that price thing again. Sign up for CoffeeCup's newsletter/email. They have sales and specials all the time. I picked up RLM ( Responsive Layout Maker) for $99. Pretty good savings. I'm betting that in a short period of time, as the holidays approach, you may be able to find a good deal.

Just take a deep breath, keep doing what you are doing with VSD, and think about what you want your future web site to look like! :cool:
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

Well said, GS!
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including personal or group training for Site Designer, Web Form Builder and more via Zoom.
Email me at support@uscni.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Gunsmoke wrote:
Don't panic Melissa! After all is said and done, VSD WILL NOT stop working. You'll still be able to edit and update your current web site just like you are now...there just won't be any new improvements to VSD. Keep going with your current website and VSD and all should be good. Let us know if you need any help changing anything. Good people here.

That said...think about the future. Web design is changing and businesses that want to stay in the lead need to change with the times. That $150 may look steep, but for what it does it's really not. What did you pay someone to design your current web site? What will you pay someone to make changes if you cannot make them?

Current trends show that if your site is not responsive then you are losing business. Your site has to look good on a desktop, tablet and phone because you never know what your potential customer is going to use! It's coming...don't be left behind!

Now, back to that price thing again. Sign up for CoffeeCup's newsletter/email. They have sales and specials all the time. I picked up RLM ( Responsive Layout Maker) for $99. Pretty good savings. I'm betting that in a short period of time, as the holidays approach, you may be able to find a good deal.

Just take a deep breath, keep doing what you are doing with VSD, and think about what you want your future web site to look like! :cool:

Thanks GS. I'm sure it's great value for the money, for decent sized companies, and certainly for web designers. We're just a part time home business, I have no schooling in web design, and business has been slow since 2008 so we're barely paying the bills. Thanks though.
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.